Chapter Seven:

The next morning you felt like a new person however the atmosphere around the house was very tense, even Erik could feel that. So after having a refreshing shower, getting changed, brushing your teeth and drying your hair you made your way downstairs to the kitchen. 

On your way you bumped into Raven or rather she stopped you to talk, "Morning Raven." She was smirking "What's with the smug face Raven?" Raven replied "Oh nothing just that I totally called it." "Called what?" Raven rolled her eyes and bluntly said "Don't play dumb (Y/N), It definitely does not suite you. You and Charles kissed last night. Take my word for it, Charles is pretty much my brother we grew up together so I'm going to give you some friendly advice." You crossed your arms across your chest and replied "I'm listening." Raven sighed and responded "Charles has a habit of being jealous of stupid little things, example if a guy were to congratulate you on something then Charles would get very very jealous. But apart from that, I'm happy for the both of you." You replied with a 'thanks' then both you and Raven went your separate ways.

As you walked into the kitchen you saw everyone, sitting down in their seats in silence.  The expression on their faces were full of sorrow and nerves, "W-whats going on?" Charles stood up and walked over to you, gently grabbing your arm and guiding you outside of the kitchen. "Charles what's going on? Why does everyone look so depressed?" He sighed and replied "There has been a change of plans love, Shaw is leaving for Cuba a little early than expected. We originally thought he would be there in a few days but now he will be there tomorrow afternoon." You did not understand why everyone was sad about it though "But the sooner the better right? The sooner we can stop Shaw." "(Y/N) love, I admire your determination but we are not ready. We haven't trained merely enough to match Shaw and his little army." You wouldn't take no for an answer, so you replied in a shot. "Then we all train harder, a wise man told me yesterday not to give up. Everyone is going to train today, even you Charles your mind may be strong but is it strong enough?" He smiled and gave you a small kiss "I never knew you to be stubborn." "I'm only stubborn in the right moment Charles now let's get to work." You and Charles walked back into the kitchen with everyone staring at the two of you, you thought to yourself for a minute then decided it was time for a little motivation.

"You all may think that you're too weak to face Shaw, but the thing is the more you think that you are weak then you start to become weak. That's why all day we are all going to train, we are going to help each other improve our abilities. We will stop Shaw and we won't give in to him. There will be no 'I can't' just 'I can' and 'I will', a wise man told me not to give up and I will not let Shaw start a nuclear war that will destroy the world and the people I have grown to love. Who's with me? Are you strong mutants or are you going to give up and let Shaw destroy everything close to you?" 

Everyone cheered and clapped for you, they all left each giving you a pat on the back. It was only you and Charles left in the kitchen. "That was very motivational love and true." He engulfed you in a warming hug and kissed your head, "Right, enough chit chat. We have training to do." Both hand in hand you walked outside and saw everyone training, Hank was running as fast as he could, Banshee was flying around screaming, Erik was pretending to be Raven's punching bag and Havoc was working on his aim. "Care to be my punching bag Xavier?" You both laughed and Charles replied "I don't think so (Y/N), maybe Havoc would be better he is much stronger. Or maybe Raven, she knows how to fight." After that Charles called Raven over and then Charles was fighting with Erik and you with Raven.

"Okay so you will want to go for the head (Y/N), it's easier to knock them out that way and when they're on the floor. You've won. Try it on Banshee." She called Banshee over in which he immediately landed next to you and said "Sup pretty girls, I guess you couldn't handle me anymore?" Both of you and Raven rolled your eyes so you twisted around and punched Banshee square in the nose making it bleed, "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?" Raven gave you a high five "Oh just training." Banshee ran off whilst Raven taught you some other fighting stuff like high kicks, what you decided to call 'supreme bitch slap' and many many many more. 

After all of the fighting moves Raven had taught you, you decided to go for a long run. 

You ran all the way around the manor twice and was about the start the third lap until both Charles and Hank joined you, "Hey boys." They both replied with a hello or a hi, "Want a race?" Hank said, Charles responded "Okay Hank but be prepared to become last, I'm quite fast-" You interrupted feeling extremely cheeky, "You boys maybe fast, but I bet I can be faster." All free of you stopped and took a quick breather, "Right Hank give us a head-start, your mutation gives you an advantage." Hank agreed as we all prepared, "On your marks, get set." Hank announced. Just before Hank said go, you started running. You never usually cheated at games but today was different. You were in the lead, ahead of Charles by about 30 seconds until he managed to catch up to you. "Oi, you're very cheeky love, cheaters never prosper." "Oh Charles I think you're missing something, like that tree." Charles didn't notice the tree in front of him and quickly dodged it, not noticing that you had disappeared. As you held your breath you quickly went back towards the starting point and breathed out when you arrived, Hank came around the corner not breaking a sweat as he passed the finish line you coming first, Hank second and Charles third. "That's not fair (Y/N) cheated." You and Hank was laughing, "No I did not Charles, I would never cheat." 

Hours and hours passed of training, you managed to keep your strength up when looking at someones memories and hold your breath longer, Charles can now fight thanks to Erik, everyone was ready for Cuba the next day...

You were in the library reading the psychology book you started, with a cup of tea on the side next to the chair and peaceful thoughts. You heard the door click open and who to come walking through but Charles Xavier, not just any Charles Xavier. Your Charles Xavier. "Enjoying your book love." You nodded and patted the space on the chair next to you inviting Charles, he gladly accepted and when he sat down Charles put his arm around your shoulders securely, as if he never wanted to let you go. "Are you nervous about tomorrow Charles?" "Honestly, I'm not nervous. I'm scared shitless." You both laughed slightly but this was no laughing matter, "What if we don't stop Shaw? Or we get hurt." Charles could sense your worries, your mind was all over the place. You would start thinking happy thoughts but then it would turn dark and start to panic, the one question that truly made you distressed was 'What if we all die?' Honestly, Charles couldn't answer them. He may be telepathic but he couldn't predict things, the only thing he could do was make a promise

"Now my dear, don't worry your little head. We will live through tomorrow whatever should happen I promise." Charles sure knew how to comfort you, "But what if we don't?" Charles was close to shedding tears, he couldn't lose you not after he just got you. He kissed your head softly and replied "Whatever happens tomorrow (Y/N) I promise that I will never leave your side, promise me that you will stay by my side tomorrow (Y/N)." You both looked at each other deep in the eyes and you replied "I promise Charles, I promise." 

You cuddled up to Charles on the comfortable couch and rested your head on his chest, Charles was mumbling sweet little things into your hair and gently stroking it with one hand with the other wrapped around your waist. Before you drifted off the sleep, Charles sang to you.

"Darling, I promise you this 

I'll send you all my love,

Everyday in a letter,

Sealed with a kiss."

-End of Chapter-

Song: Sealed With A kiss by Brian Hyland (1962)