Chapter Nine:

You all waited by the assigned jet together, you were in-between Charles and Alex. Raven was in her natural beautiful blue form and everyone was silent. "Wheres Hank?" Raven broke the silence and then you heard Hank as he walked into the carrier, "I'm here." Everyone was confused, Hank was blue and furry. Like a beast. "The serum didn't attack the cells, It enhanced them." You knew that Hank didn't like his appearance but you never knew that he would actually take the serum, Charles held your hand as he knew what you were thinking. You thought that it was your fault but obviously Charles was going to convince you otherwise. Hank had gotten angry with Erik and picked him up by the throat, "Hank, Hank put Erik down please." Charles' way was not working, so you walked up to Hank and slapped him. Just a slap. Hank growled at you a little bit but in reply to that you said "Hank pull yourself together, you're a scientist not a high school girl so stop being one!" 

Everyone was starstruck by your sudden outburst but they couldn't help but agree with you, "I think I've got a new name for you Hank, Beast." You thought it was actually really badass, "So you can fly this thing?" You said, Hank replied "Of course I can, I designed it." 

After that you were all strapping yourselves into the seats, you sat down in between Alex and Erik. "You nervous?" Alex said, "Yeah, a bit." He patted your shoulder and replied "Don't worry, we will all survive this." "That's not what Im worried about." You were opposite Charles, he put his fingers on the side of his head and in your head you heard his soothing voice. 'Remember don't leave my side today, I love you.' You thought of your reply in an instance 'I love you too Charles and I won't even think about leaving you no goodbyes for anyone.' He sent you a comforting smile as the plane was starting to move, you weren't good on planes. There was just something about being in a metal container thousands of ft in the sky that put you off of it. 

'Calm your mind (Y/N), planes are not all that bad. We had our first proper conversation on one remember?' 'I know except we were not heading for a war, we were heading to West-chester.'  Everyone was very tense, everyone in that plane were scared that they were going to die. But you were planning to keep your promise, no one on your watch is going to die today no matter what.  After what seemed like forever, you finally saw the two teams made up of vessels. The USA and the USSR. 

A Russian cargo ship was headed for the line, the same lane that if any boat crossed then a nuclear war would began and so would they end of life as you knew it. Before you knew it a missile was headed right towards the jet, Beast managed to swerve it but he had to turn the jet upside down which made you feel a little queasy. The missile swerved and landed onto the cargo ship, blowing it up into a million pieces. "A little warning professor." Hank shouted from the cockpit, Charles replied with a subtle apology. 

Charles couldn't locate Shaw, no one could. Anything unusual wasn't showing up on the radars or anything, so Hank concluded that he must be underwater. "Obviously we don;t have sonar." He said, Banshee spoke up and went to take off his belt, "Yes we do." Charles and Erik done the same, they walked up to the floor doors and the plane was tilted "Hank level the bloody plane!" He did so. Charles was next to Banshee with Erik opposite, "You back right off." Banshee said pointing to Erik. "Beast open the bomb-bay doors!!" The doors opened and wind came rushing through, "Remember this is a muscle! You control it, you will be in here the entire time. Good luck." You were nervous, but no more nervous than what Banshee probably was. Jumping out of a moving jet and flying by screaming was some pretty intense stuff. Banshee jumped out of the plane feet first and started screaming before diving into the sea. 

"Banshee has a location on Shaw." Charles stated, the planes wheels were out and Erik climbed onto one with Charles watching. You watched carefully as Erik was rising Shaw's sub, but out from the top came a man with long black hair with tornadoes swirling from his hands. "ERIK TAKE MY HAND!" The tornadoes were twirling towards the jet and Erik was more vulnerable, Charles held out his hand but Erik held onto the leg of the jet. "Charles!" You shouted but he couldn't hear you, Hank shouted out to you all "Hold on tight, It's gonna be bumpy!" Of course he was right. The jet started to spin and tumble towards the ground, everyone was screaming and you were too.