Chapter Five:

Bright sunlight shined from outside of your window as your eyes fluttered open, birds were chirping merrily and you were smiling joyfully as that nights sleep was the best you had in years. You sat up in your giant bed and stretched as you heard a knock on your door, "Come on in." The door clicked open and Raven walked in beaming a grin then shut the door behind her before jumping onto your bed next to you, "Good morning (Y/N), sleep well?" She said "Yeah it was amazing, I couldn't sleep at first because I'm not used to being in a very comfortable bed but after a hot chocolate and talking to Charles I managed to sleep sweet dreams." Her head tilted and she smirked "What?" "Oh nothing it's just that I think you like Charles." You knew at what Raven was hinting at and immediately replied, "Raven I like him as a friend, kind of like a work colleague but no not like what you're on about." You could tell that Raven didn't believe you, "Anyway Hank needs to see you in his lab." You nodded then Raven walked out of your room to let you get ready.

Once you were washed, dressed and make-up ready, you made your way down the hall to find Hank and his lab. 

"M-morning (Y/N)." Hank stuttered, it was honestly cute. "Hey Hank, Raven said that you needed to talk to me?" You replied as you sat on a stool in his lab, "Er yes, I-I know. Charles wouldn't like this but f-from what I see you're a very open-minded person, but Charles would hate it so I'm telling y-you instead-" You interrupted before Hank's head blew off from talking/stalling, "Okay Hank, so spill it. I promise Charles won't find out." He smiled and walked over to a cabinet full of chemicals, he opened it and brought out a flask with a yellowish liquid inside. "I-i think that i may have found a cure to my mutation." You were shocked, hearing that took your breath away. "A-a cure?" He placed the tube inside a test tube rack and replied "I know it sounds very far-fetched but I used Raven's blood and transfigured it-" You stopped him by putting a single finger on his lips, "Hank, we don't need a cure. There is nothing wrong with us we are perfectly fine, just like any other person. Why would you want to change that?" He looked down at his feet and replied in a sad tone "At least your mutation doesn't effect you physically, everyone here can hide their mutation and look normal." "First of all, Hank no one is going to pay attention to your feet. Second of all, just because our mutation can be hidden doesn't mean it doesn't effect us in negative ways. I wanted to be an olympic swimmer but I couldn't because whenever I hold my breath I disappear, I also don't want to invade peoples privacy and look at their memories." Hank looked devastated so you got up off of the stool and patted his shoulder "If you really think this can work, then do what you think is best. I'm not going to stop you, but in my opinion, you don't need a cure." Before you walked out of Hank's lab he said "Promise you still won't tell Charles?" you replied "I promise Hank, but you know Charles he has a way with the mind." Then you walked out leaving Hank to decide Normal or Mutant.

Suddenly feeling bad you decided to go to the kitchen and make some coffee, Erik beat you to it. "You're awake, I was just going to bring you some coffee." Erik handed it to you and you replied with a simple 'Thanks' after what happened yesterday at dinner. He left and then you were joined by Havoc, "Hey (Y/N)." "Hello." You weren't exactly in the mood for talking after what happened with Hank so you just guzzled your coffee, "You don't seem very happy." He said getting himself something from the refrigerator "I'll be fine, just a slow start to the morning thats all." "You sure?" You thought for a moment, an excuse. After all you did promise Hank and you can't really tell Havoc, you always keep your promises. "Well, I guess I'm just a little homesick. You would be surprised how much I loved Germany." He nodded and said "The best thing you can do when your homesick is remember all of the good things that happened at that place I guess." You nodded and Havoc walked off so you decided to have a little stroll outside and maybe read.

You quickly went into Charles' office seeing that he wasn't there and borrowed that book about psychology called 'The mind of a criminal: Psychological effect.' Then you went outside and sat underneath a large oak tree in the shade, the wind was a gentle blow and the sun was just right. So you started to read. 

'If someone has a traumatic incident or experience as a child, then they're double the chance of having mental issues as they mature. More commonly as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, Bipolar or Insomnia. Over 60% of criminals have been diagnosed with a serious mental disorder or plain insanity.' 

You read but suddenly you felt a shift in the air, a big shift. So you looked up and saw Charles and Erik up near the manor, Erik had his hands in the air pointing towards the large satellite in the distance on your left. Erik was moving it towards him and Charles, thats what the shift was. You stared in admiration as Erik pushed his boundaries, you thought 'Why is it other people can push their boundaries, but I struggle?' You saw Charles and Erik celebrating Erik's success so you decided to go back to reading your book, until someone caught your attention. Feeling someone looking at you, you looked around to find the source of it and discovered Charles staring at you from atop the balcony it seemed like he was smiling at you, just from a far.

-Charles' POV-(MOMENTARILY)

I was very proud of Erik and the memory that I showed him was truly emotional, beautiful even. Whilst Erik was celebrating his great triumph I saw (Y/N) sitting down by the tree that my grandfather planted, she was reading a book which made her look happy and interested. The wind blew against her (H/L) (H/C) and her beautiful complexion made her radiate, she was so interesting. One minute it feels like you know everything about her then the next there is something completely new about her, everyday would be an adventure. This morning I even asked myself 'What part of (Y/N) will I get to meet today?' 

"I see the way you look at her friend." My attention turned from (Y/N) to Erik, "What?" "The way you look at (Y/N), it's like you've never seen a girl before Charles." We both laughed then I shook my head "I have Erik, but not a girl like her. She is truly one of a kind." Erik put his hand on my left shoulder and replied "Then go get her Charles, I know you can. Besides if you don't do it soon, one day you can't because she will already have someone and won't think twice about you." Erik was right, I need to dive in before it's too late. However I would need to wait just a little longer, you need to walk before you can run. I don't even know if I truly love her yet. You can't say to someone that you love them then change your mind.

Normal POV

It was time to get your head out of the clouds and trainyou made your way up the stairs heading towards the front door of the manor walking past Charles and Erik and entering the enormous manor. "(Y/N), love it's your turn." You turned around and saw Charles smiling like a the Cheshire Cat, "Charles I've been thinking." You walked up to him and stared into his eyes, "What use am I to the team? My mutation isn't as merely helpful yet alone usable." Charles frowned and replied "(Y/N) you may think that, but I know that your powers are useful they're important and-" "Disappearing is hardly going to help find and stop Shaw, neither looking at someones memories is it Charles? Besides you said it yourself, I can't over-work my power. If I don't over-work it then how am I meant to be of any help to anyone?" For a moment Charles thought you were right, he wanted to believe that you were wrong. "That's what I thought Charles, I am grateful for all of this truly but you need someone on your team that is useful." Charles' heart felt like it had broken into pieces as you turned around and walked off to your room, tears threatening to fall. 

You were going to leave during the night, no goodbyes. No sadness. Just leaving without a trace...