Second Chances

Newt.

A almost blinding gleaming white light flashed through my eyes, then as soon as it came, it vanished and was replaced by darkness.

Then I remembered what had happened...

"Kill me or I'll kill you. Kill me! Do it!"

"Newt..."

"Do it before I become one of them!"

"I..."

"KILL ME!"

"Please, Tommy. Please."

And Thomas pulled the trigger to silence my wishes, and now I'm here, free from the Flare.

But what exactly is here?

"Newt." A commanding but soft voice spoke from behind me, I turned and was greeted by what looked like a angel. She had ginger hair and pale green eyes. She wore a simple white dress, but what was surprising was the large feathery wings that were attached to her back.

"W-who are you?" I questioned with clear uncertainty.

"Who I am means nothing currently. I'm simply here to give you a choice." She answered, her voice seemed projected but was soft and kind.

"A choice? I don't umderstand..." I answered.

"Yes, a choice. You see, you have unfinished buissess on Earth, or atleast what is left of it." Before continuing, with a flash of her hand a image magically appeared in front of us- a image of Thomas, sobbing in the back of a van.

"It was not your time for your spirit to leave Earth, but it had to be down to save others. Because of this I'm giving you a choice. You are free from the Flare and are now immune. Your choice is to either stay here in heaven, or, return to Earth, where we can place you in what your friends call "Paradise" Newt, we are giving you a second chance, but think ghis through."

Before answering I looked back at the image of Thomas- the boy who before the Flare had effected me I had come to conclusion that I was in love with. Of course I wanted to be with him again, but do I really want to go back to the Scorch. No. No I don't, but according to the angel I sould go to Paradise. Isn't that good enough? But would Thomas want me back? After the things I said to him?

No. Don't think like that Newt, he knows you didn't mean it...

"Yes. Yes. Yes, please take me back, let me have a second chance."

The angel smiled, "I hoped for that answer, you would be missed dearly, and perhaps another life would be taken because your death." She said, nodding her head to Thomas.

I was speachless, from her words, but also from the thought of going back to Thomas- Tommy.

"Do you normally do this?" I asked, after I regained my words.

The angel laughed, "Of course not! If we did no one would ever die! Even if it was there time to go!"

"Then why give me this chance?"

"Because, your destiny has not been completed, what will happen next is to important, you simply can't die yet. It would change to much in others life. We angels normally don't interfere with Earth affairs but this was to important to let slide. You only died to rid of the Flare. Newt, you have a long life in front of you, I can'tgive you details, but it I can assure you that it will be a happy and joyful one."

I was warmed inside by her words,  I'm truly lucky to give you a chance.

'Now, Newt, everyone is going to be extremely confused when you return, understand?"