Chp. 2| Candy?

Silver flew into his room to hide his sketch book as Sonic answered the door. He let out a sigh of relief when he came back and saw Rouge in the doorway.

When she saw him, Rouge greeted Silver. "Hello, Silver Honey." Then, she noticed that Silver was still red in the face. "My, your face is scarlet! Are you alright?"

Sonic smirked and said, "Don't worry, Rouge. Silver's just embarrassed that he's been discovered. Turns out he's an undercover artist."

Silver elbowed him in the side.

Laughing, Sonic added, "REALLY embarrassed."

Silver heard a familiar voice groan. "Oh, brother! Can we just get the house now?"

"Heya Shadow! Fancy seeing you here! C'mon Tails! We better get going or Amy will pound us." Sonic said as he let Shadow into the house. Quietly to Rouge, he added, "I bet Silver's happy to see him too."

Rouge whispered to Sonic: "You think Silver is happy? You should have heard how much Shadow talked about coming here. If I didn't know better, I'd say he had a crush on him."

She called to Shadow and Silver: "Hey, I just walked Shadow over here on my way to Knuckles' house. I'm leaving, too."

They said goodbye to Rouge as she left.

Upon getting good look at his remaining visitor, Silver struggled to stay calm. Shadow was wearing the hoodie Silver had given for his birthday. It was as red as Shadow's stripes and had a skull on the middle. Silver thought that it would be discarded or lost by the very next day, and it felt nice to know that Shadow kept up with it.

Shadow was having problems hiding his emotions as well. He'd given Silver a light blue scarf as a gift last Christmas, and was both surprised and touched that Silver was wearing it.

It took everything for them to hide their blushes.

(A/N: Ain't they cute?)

"Uh... Hey Silver. You said you wanted help for a project, right?"

Silver thought for a second. " Project... Project... Oh! Yes, I did. It's in the lab."

~~~Later~~~

"Nice place ya got here." Shadow said as they entered Silver's lab.

"Could you wait here a sec? I have to warm up the machine." Silver said.

Shadow nodded, and Silver went over to a fancy-looking machine. While Silver was trying to start the machine, Shadow looked around. He hadn't ever seen a lot of the things in the lab. He looked some more, straying a bit from Silver. 

During his exploration, Shadow found a long counter. Somewhere in the middle sat a bowl of small squares. They were pink, and smelled like candy.

Now, don't get the wrong idea. Shadow isn't stupid. He knows very well that people have died from being careless in a lab. However, as the Ultimate Life Form, Shadow didn't feel that he had to be so cautious.

Plus, he liked candy.

Shadow looked closely at one of the squares. It looked like candy. It smelled like candy. He turned it over a few times between his fingers. It felt like candy. He licked the pink residue off of his fingers. It tasted like candy.

By the time he started thinking that Silver wouldn't want him to eat all of the pink squares, he had eaten around eight, and had four more in his mouth.

In all, he had eaten 12 by the time he heard Silver calling for him. He took 1 more for the short walk back.

Little did he realize that this was obviously not any regular candy.