one.

-ONE

Hoseok sprints out of the library, face burning up with embarrassment as he clutches his bag to his chest, glasses threatening to slip off the high bridge of his nose

Who the actual fuck asks someone if they carry books at a library?

Jung Hoseok, that's who.

Min Yoongi, the blonde haired male who Hoseok had been admiring from afar for the past three weeks and four days, hadn't looked amused. Not even one bit. He'd merely fixed Hoseok with a stare that said, Are you stupid? and had said in an irritated tone, (that had made Hoseok's heart do flips nevertheless) "Yes, we do. Look around."

And then Hoseok had bolted, heart hammering away in his ribcage, vowing to never show his face to the blonde male again.

However, he ends up breaking his promise to himself rather quickly, as Jimin drags him to the library the very next day since he has to work on a paper for his psychology class. So Hoseok is forced to sit at a table, keeping a hand in front of his face and a scarf over his mouth and nose at all times to prevent Min Yoongi from recognizing him.

"Hyung," Jimin says about an hour into his paper, "can you get this book for me?" He points at a scribbled title of a book from a wrinkled sheet of lined paper.

Hoseok swallows. He can't risk getting seen by Min Yoongi. "Why can't you get it yourself?"

"Because this is due in less than three hours and I have four pages left to write," answers Jimin, gnawing on the inside of his cheek, "and I can't afford to waste time looking for a book. Hyung, please."

"Fine."

Begrudgingly, he stands up, shuffling into one of the aisles and scanning the spines of the books for the title that he's looking for. Unable to locate it, he goes to both rows on either side of it, and then goes back to the table.

"You didn't find it?"

"Nope."

"Ask someone."

As if the universe is mocking him, a very familiar blonde haired male comes around the corner, quietly whistling a tune as he wheels a cart of books into the row. He doesn't seem to notice Hoseok as he steps onto a stool, taking a handful of books to stack back up onto the shelves.

Hoseok spots the book Jimin needs on the cart, and then Min Yoongi's slender fingers picking it up, dainty fingertips holding onto the spine.

"Hyung, ask someone." Jimin is ferociously typing away, gaze stuck to his laptop screen. "I need it, now."

"Okay, okay, give me a sec."

Hesitantly, he approaches the male, pulling his scarf back up to cover most of his face. "Ex-Excuse me..."

Yoongi turns and looks down at him, and Hoseok's knees nearly buckle because god, Min Yoongi looks like an angel from up above with the light shining from behind him like that, resembling a halo. "Yes?"

"M-May I have that book, please?" he says tentatively, his voice cracking at the end. He feels a blush blossom onto his cheeks, his heartbeat pounding in his ears as he points at the book.

Yoongi cracks the barest of wry smiles and leans down, handing him the book. Hoseok takes it and is about to turn away when Yoongi says: "I see you've realized that we do, indeed, carry books here."

Hoseok wants to disappear as he chuckles weakly and stammers out, "Oh, ha... Yeah..." Yoongi snorts and picks up another book to place on the shelf, and Hoseok hurries back to Jimin. "Kill me now," he hisses.

"Can't, I need to finish this." Jimin frowns at his laptop. "God, I hate myself, why did I ever think procrastinating was a good idea?"

"Your fault."

"Okay, now fuck off," mutters Jimin, "this thing is due in two and a half hours and I won't be able to finish it if you're breathing down my neck like this."

Hoseok absentmindedly drums his fingers on the table, glancing back at the aisle where Min Yoongi is- or should be. Where did he go?

"Well, um..." Hoseok tugs his scarf down. "Can I leave?"

"Mhm," murmurs Jimin. "I don't think I need your help anymore." He glances at the piece of paper by his notebook. "Yeah, I have all the books and shit I need. You can go, hyung."

"Okay." He ruffles the younger's ebony locks. "See you later, Jiminnie!"

"Be quiet, this is a library."

"Right." Hoseok lowers his voice. "Bye!" He nestles his hands in his pockets, smiling brightly at an old lady and her grandson, who are reading a picture book together. He's staring through one of the huge windows, examining orange leaves flying off withering branches, as he walks towards the exit, and because of his lack of focus, he (literally) crashes into Min Yoongi.

"Shit," the blonde mutters, as an armful of books tumbles to the floor.

Hoseok blanches. "Oh- I- I'm so sorry-" He bends down to help Yoongi pick up the books, but the male brushes his hands away.

"It's okay, I got it."

Lord have mercy, Min Yoongi has a beautiful voice and Hoseok thinks he's about to melt into a puddle of mush on the carpet because his heart is racing and his cheeks are on fire.

"Sorry-" Hoseok's breath catches in his throat as Yoongi stands up, and with a subtle jerk of his head, flips his hair out of his eyes.

Yoongi shrugs indifferently. "It happens." Without another word, he walks past Hoseok, and their shoulders brush.

Hoseok is completely and utterly infatuated with the breathtaking specimen that is Min Yoongi.