two.

-TWO

Hoseok doesn't know why God hates him so much

Or why he always seems to run into Min Yoongi at the most awkward times.

Hoseok had been looking for a book on socioeconomics for a paper when he'd been distracted by a thick volume about Greek mythology. Yoongi had rounded the corner just as he'd been muttering something about fathers eating babies, and Hoseok, deeply mortified, had to hastily explain, as he stumbled over his words and mixed up his syllables, that it was something in the book.

Hoseok is terribly confused when, after several deafeningly awkward moments of uncomfortable eye contact later, Yoongi cracks a dry smile and asks, "What're you reading, anyway?"

Yoongi looks like an angel, an angel clad in ripped skinny jeans and loose flannel and SnapBacks, and Hoseok's mouth is dry, his throat even dryer, since he's unable to produce any words. "I, um..." He glances at the page again, at the scrawling black script and the fading images. "Kronos- Greek mythology."

"Oh, Kronos is fantastic," Yoongi mutters with a sarcastic chuckle, stepping onto a stool and shelving a few books. He asks Hoseok a few questions about the child-devouring god, and Hoseok answers on autopilot, his eyes examining every curve, every angle of Min Yoongi's entrancing visage through his glasses.

"But, yeah, anyway," Hoseok says weakly, shutting the book and carefully placing it back on the shelves. "I still need to find the book I was originally looking for."

Yoongi hops off the stool. "Which is...?"

"Just, uh... Anything related to socioeconomics?"

"Hm..." Yoongi's tongue pokes out from the corner of his mouth, and Hoseok nearly dies. "I think that stuff is downstairs. I'll show you."

"Thanks." Hoseok trails behind the other male, through a hallway and down the stairs, their shoes lightly pattering across the carpeted floor.

"Here you are," says Yoongi, gesturing to a long shelf of thick-spined volumes. "This is all economics."

Hoseok nods. "Cool- Thanks. Again."

"No problem. See y'around."

"B-Bye."

After acquiring a few books, Hoseok struggles up the stairs, his arms straining from the weight. He sets them down at an empty table by the window, where golden rays of sunlight are filtering through the dusty glass, and flips open the first book, beginning to read.

Seconds blur into minutes into hours, and suddenly a beautiful blonde haired boy is shaking him awake, muttering something about the library closing.

"What?" Hoseok asks breathlessly, struggling to keep his eyes open as sleep weighs down his eyelids. He brings a hand over his mouth as he yawns, and then pushes his glasses back up his nose, blinking tiredly at Yoongi.

"The library's closing in fifteen minutes."

Hoseok glances out the window; the only light he can see through the window is emitted from the street lamps. "What time is it?"

"Six forty-five." Yoongi drums his fingers on the table. "You were asleep for a while."

"Damnit," Hoseok says under his breath, staring at his unfinished notes and the pile of books. "What am I gonna do?"

"You can check them out?" Yoongi suggests with a quirk of his brow that nearly has Hoseok swooning. "This is a library, after all." He chortles. "Where we carry books."

Hoseok averts his eyes, heat rushing to his cheeks as he ducks his head away in embarrassment. "Yeah, um- Please forget that ever happened."

Yoongi snorts. "It's kinda hard to forget a question like that."

"Great."

"Anyway," Yoongi says, with a glance at his wristwatch, "please hurry up, I wanna go home."

"R-Right." Cheeks flushing a gentle pink, Hoseok puts his materials away and gathers the hefty amount of books in his spindly arms while adjusting the strap of his bag on his shoulder. He follows Yoongi to the counter, embarrassed by how exhausted his arms are, and practically throws the books down.

After all his books are checked out, Yoongi slips the receipt into the front cover of one of the books and asks, a lilt of amusement coloring his voice, "You gonna be okay carrying all those books?"

"Wha- Oh. Yeah." Flustered, Hoseok piles the books into his hands. "I got em."

Yoongi's eyebrows lift up in skepticism. "Okay."

"Yeah, well, um-" Hoseok begins to turn away. "See you."

"Hey, wait." Yoongi is staring at him intently. "What's your name?"

"Ah, right." Hoseok wets his lips. "Jung Hoseok."

Yoongi nods. "Ah. Well, I'm Min Yoongi."

I know, Hoseok stops himself from saying. I've been lowkey stalking you in this library for weeks now. However, all he does is nod and murmur, "I see." Another awkward couple of seconds tick by, and then he says, "I'll be going now."

"Yeah, see you."

Once outside, Hoseok has to restrain himself from jumping around and rejoicing (as if he would be able to, anyway, considering the bulk of books precariously stacked in his arms) because Min Yoongi actually knows his name now.

Bless.