nine.

-NINE

Yoongi stares out the window at the pouring rain

Yoongi stares out the window at the pouring rain. "I love this."

"I don't," Hoseok pouts. "All the snow is going to be gone."

Yoongi clicks his tongue, returning his gaze to the television. "We have very different views regarding the seasons."

"I thought we already established that."

"Be quiet," whines Jungkook. "I wanna watch the movie."

"Jungkookie," Namjoon says softly, tossing an arm around the boy's shoulder, "it's okay, let them talk."

Jungkook frowns. "How come you let them talk during movies but not me? This isn't-"

"Shh." Namjoon places a finger on Jungkook's lips. "The good part's coming up."

"But you guys never let me t-"

"Jungkook," Seokjin says firmly, "be quiet."

Jungkook buries his face in Namjoon's chest, and the elder merely combs his fingers through the boy's hair as the movie continues, occasionally murmuring things to him. Seokjin and Namjoon really are like Jungkook's parents, Hoseok notes, watching with amusement out of the corner of his eye as Namjoon and Jungkook try to silently tickle each other and prevent Seokjin from noticing.

Taehyung and Jimin are curled up on the sofa, their limbs entangled with one another's, and Jimin's head resting on Taehyung's chest as they fall asleep to the soft lullaby of the rainfall and the gentle music from the movie. Hoseok has absolutely no idea how the two even fell asleep, as it's hardly past eight-thirty.

Yoongi and Hoseok are sitting on the ground, swathed in a large blanket. Yoongi's hands are loosely wrapped around Hoseok's waist, his head resting on the male's shoulder.

It's funny how Yoongi is the one that initiates all the skinship now, that plans all the surprise dates, that buys Hoseok the sweetest presents for no reason except for that he wants to. Hoseok's favorite part about all this is when they get back from their date and Yoongi fucks him oh-so-carefully, sucking love bites all over his body, whispering words of praise against his lips, stroking him until he screams and sees white.

Right now, Yoongi's nose is nuzzling Hoseok's neck, his hand tracing lazy circles on the male's hipbone. "Sunshine," Yoongi whispers, the recent nickname he'd come up with making Hoseok flush a shy pink, "we're gonna go back home after this, right?"

"Probably," replies Hoseok, taking a gentle hold of Yoongi's hand. "Why?"

Yoongi plants a gentle kiss on Hoseok's collarbones. "I wanna fuck you."

Hoseok inhales sharply, sending an anxious glance over at Seokjin, Namjoon, and Jungkook, who are not sitting far from them. "Be quiet."

"Or..." Yoongi's hand brushes against Hoseok's groin, making his toes curl. "You could be quiet."

"I'm gonna kill you," Hoseok hisses, grabbing Yoongi's hand and placing it back up around his waist. "Don't do this when others are around."

"Okay, sorry," Yoongi sighs. After a moment, he suggests, "We could do it in the bathroom?"

"You know I'm not good at staying quiet," Hoseok whispers, cheeks now stained a furious red. "Now shut up and let me enjoy the movie."

Yoongi pouts. "Fine."

Meanwhile, Jungkook has climbed into Namjoon's lap, wrapping the elder's hands around his waist. "Hyung," he's saying quietly, "can you kiss me?"

"I will literally never understand what their relationship is," Yoongi mutters as Namjoon peppers Jungkook's face with gentle pecks.

Hoseok shrugs, watching Seokjin reach over and caress Jungkook's cheek. "Just go with what Seokjin hyung said: it's complicated."

"Yeah," Yoongi nods. "It's best if we just leave it at that."

A few hours later, after the movie has ended and everyone has eaten some food, Hoseok and Yoongi head back home (Yoongi has moved into Hoseok's apartment) and climb into a bed that's a little too small for both of them.

Hoseok ends up giving into Yoongi's wishes from earlier and lets him fuck him, the thin film of perspiration coating their chests making everything stickier and more slippery and just hot, and Hoseok knows that tomorrow, when he won't be able to walk without a limp, when the only people aware of all the marks littering his body in odd crooks and crevices are himself and Yoongi, he'll kiss his boyfriend hard, dizzyingly hard, and make sure that Yoongi knows that he loves him.

And Yoongi will kiss him back just as hard, and let him know that he, too, loves him back, and Hoseok will be sporting a hundred-watt smile throughout the rest of the day.

Maybe that's why Yoongi nicknamed him Sunshine.

❤︎

fin.