four.

-FOUR

"No, this exemplifies the parallels between her and birds, because her death leads her to freedom, similar to how birds' ability of flight allows them to be free-"

"Damn, you're good at this."

"Yeah, I like reading." Yoongi smiles and leans in, whispering, "Sometimes, if no one's looking, I'll completely stop shelving the books like I'm supposed to and just read one of them."

Hoseok laughs. "I'm not surprised. I can tell by the way you talk that you like reading."

"What's wrong with the way I talk?"

"Nothing," Hoseok says hastily. "I like the way you talk. You use fancy words."

"Fancy?" snorts Yoongi. "Hardly."

Shaking his head, Hoseok protests, "No, remember that word you used earlier? Eff- Eff something."

"Effulgent?"

"Yes! What does that mean?"

"It's a synonym of radiant." He grins teasingly at Hoseok. "Do you know what radiant means or do I have to tell you that, too?"

"I know what that means, asshole."

"Yoongi-ah! There are still some more books over here."

Yoongi sighs, peering over his shoulder at the old lady beckoning him over. "Coming, Mrs. Lee." He turns to Hoseok with a pout. "I guess I gotta go."

"Have fun."

Pulling a face at Hoseok and swatting his arm, Yoongi shuffles over to the woman and takes the cart, vanishing into an aisle. Not long after, Jimin hurries up to him.

"God, I thought your boyfriend would never leave."

"He's not my-"

"Anyway, I have bad news." Jimin sinks into the chair across from Hoseok. "I think Taehyung thinks I'm annoying."

Hoseok shrugs. "Nothing much you can do about that."

"Hyung," Jimin whines, "you're not helping."

Hoseok shrugs. "Just stop being annoying, then. Offer to buy him lunch or something. What'd you even do to annoy him?"

"I was asking him all these questions about the topic Mr. Cha was explaining because I didn't get it," Jimin says in an anxious haste, the words tumbling out of his mouth in an almost indecipherable mess at some points, "and I think I was bothering him because he was just staring at me and he wouldn't stop looking at me and he looked kind of scary and I was worried and I said never mind because I didn't want to bother me and he just shrugged it off all calmly and now I'm worried that he thinks I'm annoying or stupid or-"