Sleeping beauty

Ethan's POV:

After a couple hours of pacing the the cold waiting room they finally let us go back to Grayson's room. Andrea and Emily stayed towards the back of the room as Grant and I went to either side of Grayson's hospital bed. Our parents send their regards and love since they couldn't be here.

"G-Grayson...?"I said my voice cracking and my eyes blurred from tears. I reached my shaking hand out and took Grayson's hand in mine. An IV was in his hand and in his arm. His face was rough and red. His body from the neck down was wrapped in a bandage from the burns.

I stared at him still in shock. His bag that was in the car was in the corner of the room and Emily walked over to it and picked it up. She opened it an grabbed his broken Iphone out of the bag.

Ethan soon grabbed it and looked at it and then to his phone. A couple minutes before OnStar called me I got the Read Receipt on my message I sent him...

Suddenly the whole world started spinning. I felt like I was breathing in helium. I fell on the floor dropping both phones on the floor. The nurse rushed in and they picked me up putting me in a chair in the room.

The doctor gave me medicine and water to help me relax. It worked.

In the middle of the night I got up from my chair and saw Emily sleeping on a relicer with Andrea. Grant was asleep on the floor leaning against the wall.

I walked to Grayson and stared down at him. He looked so peaceful... His eyes were closed with a little gash above it and the side of his face was red and smooth from the burn scar. I once again took his hand in mine and gently rubbed his hand with my thumb.

Without a thought, I leaned down and kissed his rough cut lips. I waited a second my heart throbbing knowing he wasn't going to kiss back. I pulled away and seconds later his eyes slowly flickered open...

"G-Grayson!?"I said quietly but excited. Suddenly Grant stood up rubbing his eyes and walked over. I quickly hit the button on the wall which called the nurse.

The nurse rushed in her face happy to see him awake. "Oh my God you scared us."

Grayson looked at her and smiled weakly, well, as best as he could with stitches on his lips.

"How are you feeling, a scale of 1-5"  The nurse said looking at him.

Grayson weakly held up 2 fingers.

She nodded, "I will increase the pain medication. Just rest, okay?" She smiled.

Emily and Andrea stood by Grant on the other side of the bed and I smiled.

He woke up when I kissed him.... It was like sleeping beauty...