Silver Cat

{Sylvesters POV}

I sat on the couch in my condominium high rise, following my own set colour scheme; everything was pristine white or clear glass. The two walls of my living room were just glass that allowed an amusing view, showing grey overcast lake, the wind created small white caps that crashed against the rocky shore.

Sybelle was settled in my bedroom resting peacefully. She was running a high fever once again, I had to turn the temperature down in the room in hopes of lowering her inner core temperature. The Feral in her body was beginning to try and take over.

“Mordred, today would be one of your favourite kinds of days.” I whispered calmly into my cup before taking a sip of my green tea.

A storm was brewing on the horizon, dark clouds were building in the distance pushing the grey forward quickly on a fast wind.

“And queue, now!” I pointed to my left at the front door.

It flew open and in stormed Balto, my retched black cat brother, his rage was boiling the air in the room. He was losing what little control he did have, his nails had sharpened, the fangs were now out and his eyes shone with the cat like ferocity.

“Where is she?” He snarled.

Heaving a large sigh I set my glass down on the black iron and glass coffee table in front of me.

“So you did know where I lived all this time?” I said turning to look at him.

“Don’t Fuck with me, where is my mate!” Oh my what a daring claim over her, sadly for that to stand she would have to agree to be his and only his.

I smirked, “You’ve signed her death sentence. Her Feral side is rejecting her body.”

Ignoring my every word he took a step towards me, “Where. Is. She?”

Rolling my eyes I rose from the couch dusting my hands off, “Aren’t you even the slightest bit concerned I’ll kill you?” I asked him.

“I want Sybelle!” He howled.

I caught movement in the corner of my eye and turned to look at the bedroom door slowly swinging open. Sybelle clung to the door leaning against it using it as a stabilizing post.

“You should be resting.” I hissed at her.

She lifted her head to look at me, heavy shadows showed under her eyes. Her skin was pasty and she was sweating, not very attractive but her eyes locked on me, not my brother but me.

“Where am I?” She asked in a hoarse voice before collapsing to the ground.

Balto was by her side in a heartbeat, her eyes fluttered open and she looked at him.

“Sybelle, beautiful. Look at me, has he done anything to you?” He brushed her thick black hair out of her face.

“Get away from me.” She cried pushing against his chest feebly.

“You need help.”

She screeched, “I don’t need your help get away from me!”

Groaning I moved across the room grabbing Balto’s face and pushing him backwards, Sybelle fell into my arms and instantly quieted.

“Will you suffer through my touch?” I hissed in her ear.

“Why does my body feel like it’s on fire?” she whimpered looking up at me.

My eyes closed slowly, was nobody listening to me?

“Because kitten, you weren’t prepared for this.” I looked over at Balto, “He didn’t prepare you for this.”

“And why the hell do you care?” He snarled at me.

My jaw clenched, why should I care. By order of my father I should slit Sybelle’s throat but her hand clenched around my shirt tugging herself closer.

The heat wafting off her body and those pleading eyes begging me not to look away. Goddamnit this was weakening, this had to be why the Fem-Ferals were killed off one by one.

“I’m experimenting.” I looked down at her again, “Kitten you should really go with Balto, he will help you now.”

She shook her head that fire coming back to her eyes, “I don’t need help.” She snapped pushing away from me.

“Yes you do, he’s giving you a chance Sybelle. He has orders to kill you.” She stilled in my arms her heart beat slowing down as if she were preparing for me to attack her.

“True, but I think I would rather rip you to pieces and make her watch then kill something like her.” I growled tossing her to him.

She needed to get out of here as soon as possible, the tribunal would be sending in one of their many little scouts to check up on my progress, if they found her here in this condition no doubt she would be killed in cold blood.

Not only that fact, but also the fact that if she didn’t leave soon I may do something rash and rather out of character.

“You’re going to need my help Sybelle whether you want it or not. Yes I lied to you, but now you have to move on.” Balto snapped tugging her in against his chest, “I will not let the woman I love die, I don’t care if you hate me for it.”

“Now get the hell out of my house before I think and decide to gut you both on the balcony.” I growled waving them off.

Sybelle shook her head stubbornly, “No! I hate you, let me go.” She shouted thrashing in his arms like a child throwing a fit.

Gritting my teeth in frustration I pulled my ankle blade out from the sheath and launched myself at Balto, She screamed as he tossed her to the side. We fell to the hard linoleum floor, his head cracking off the ground, His eyes dilated quickly and then grew foggy. I leaned on the blade pressing it in against the front of his throat.

Fuck it I’ll kill him now.” I sighed shaking my head.

“Don’t kill him!” Sybelle cried crawling over.

I looked at her sideways and scowled, “You hate him, why should you care if he dies or not. Besides I’ve waited to long for this.” I said pressing the knife a little bit more.

“I-I…” She stammered slowly coming back around to the realization that she didn’t hate him, “Sly please don’t kill him.”

“He owes me his life, he stole the woman I loved.”

“Stop it! Alright I don’t hate him.” She screamed.

A devil worthy grin accompanied by an equally evil laugh perfected my moment, I had tried to long to capture Balto without prevail. Now I had him lying on his back, the woman he loved and who loved him watching.

If I killed him here and now he would die with the pain of knowing she would be left to me. Still my hand wavered not pressing close enough to cut too badly. A blur shot out and I was tackled off of Balto, a slender hand snatched the ankle blade from my hand and it was then pressed against my throat.

“I won’t let you kill your own brother Sly!” She sat on top of me one hand flat against my chest while the other held the small blade against my own throat, “I won’t let you kill the man I love.” She hissed through her clench teeth.

“I thought you hated him.” I wheezed swallowing heavily.

She shook her head as tears began to tremble down her cheeks, “I hate the lies.”

“Then go with him, get out of my apartment before I kill both of you.”

Balto stumbled to his feet moving over to grab her tense shoulders, lifting her from atop me. She let the blade clatter to the floor and allowed Balto to lead her out of the apartment nearly running for safety.

I lay in silence staring at the ceiling, the rage in her eyes when she attacked me holding that little blade to my throat.

For a split second Sybelle had been prepared to kill me. Slowly I sat up rubbing my throat where the ankle blade had been pressed to, I smiled warmly glancing off down the hallway to where she had escaped out the front door.

“Forgive me Mordred, I may have found a new toy.”