Silver Cat-7

Sylvester

I woke up wrapped in her scent and suffocated by her arms that somehow had pulled me in against her chest keeping me from moving. Her coughing had stopped, her body felt normal, no sweating, no tremors. As disturbing as the reality seemed to be becoming Sybelle's body was soothed by my presence. That was a first.

I stared at her sleeping face, so peaceful and weak. I could easily carve out her stomach with my hand. She was far to ill-prepared for an attack of any kind. For sure she would die without the proper training. Samantha's words echoed aimlessly in my mind making me shiver in her warm hold. Despite her fever she was rather chilled for a Feral.

"Sly?" She murmured her eyes slowly stretching open, bright summer green peeking through her thick black lashes that were slowly going silver just like her hair.

Already there were streaks of silver running through her dark brown hair. I reached up sliding my fingers along the front of her throat feeling her breath rise up and pour into her throat. What a beautiful sensation, and with the press of my hand I could stop that motion from happening and she would die within ten minutes. At the thought my hand froze my fingers hovering just over top of her soft throat.

"I could kill you right now" I murmured looking up at her.

"I wouldn't stop you." Her voice broke and her eyes closed as she turned her face into the pillow.

Where had her fire gone? The fire that had caught my attention it had gone out, I wanted to see it in her eyes again her power, ferocity and anger. I wanted her passion back.

"If you die my brother would have nothing left to live for." I said shuffling up until we were face to face with one another, "Then I could kill him and satisfy my need."

She whimpered and turned her back to me wrapping her own arms around herself, Sybelle didn't argue back with me as I stared at her. She was not the same woman.                

"If I die then it won't matter to me, I'll be dead." She muttered glancing over her shoulder at me tears bordering on her thick black eyelashes.

"So you would be perfectly fine with me murdering Balto?"

She flinched, "No I wouldn't but if I'm dead I have no reason to wine or complain now do I?"

Two halves of a whole, that's what Balto and I were. One soul split into two to create the two sides of a Feral, the protective gentle side; Balto, and the ferocious monster that wouldn't blink twice at the sight of blood; me. Sybelle was battling both halves at the same time and she was losing her human mind in the process.

I would have tried to console her but I didn't know where to start. I had never once in my life been expected to console somebody, the closest I came to consoling was when I was with Mordred even then though we talked more than anything.

"Don't act so weak, if you can stand up to me then you can damn well survive this." I snapped pulling the blankets off of her.

She gasped sitting straight upright in the bed narrowing her green eyes at me as her lips pursed into a pout, "What do you think you're doing?" She hissed through her clenched teeth.

There was fire in her eyes again, that I wanted to see that again. I grinned tossing the blanket behind me before pouncing at her landing lightly above her barely causing the mattress to bounce. She gasped falling back onto the pillows her shimmering hair spreading out in rivers from her head. Those bright green eyes stared at me, wide but not frightened.

"Fight me." My voice rumbled as I leaned down inhaling deeply along her collar bone that protruded from her chest from the weight she had lost.

"Fight you? Are you insane, you'd kill me." She laughed weakly.