Silver Cat-4

Balto

I walked back up the stairs Taryin in tow behind me, Sunny had gone to track down Sylvester. I had to know if there was anything I could do to help her get better, and it wasn't like I could just stroll into the Feral's territory back in Europe just to go through their medical logs. Not like they would have kept anything on females anyways. My only way of getting Sybelle the help she needed was to barter with my brother.

"I still think this is a stupid idea." Taryin hissed from behind me.

I rolled my eyes stepping up onto the top level, "I know you do. But right now she needs the help, so no matter how stupid the idea is I will try it."

I turned from him and stepped into the bedroom, the curtains were drawn shut blocking out any unwanted light. The first scent that struck me was the bitter acrid smell of blood perfuming the air. I flipped the light switch feeling my chest contract, a puddle of blood pooled on the floor next to her bed.

Sybelle was curled up into a tight ball her knee's pulled in and her arms clutching around herself. I ran to her bedside being careful not to step on the blood, she looked up at me with her now shocking green eyes.

"Everything's on fire." She whimpered.

There was so much pain in her eyes, I had no idea how to stop it. Instead I held her face in my hands, her skin covered in sweat, her body temperature sweltering.

"I know, but the room can't get any colder. You just need to hold on alright?" I whispered forcing a calm throughout my body.

I heard the front door slam, Taryin moved quickly slinking down the stairs to find out who it was. I stayed crouched next to the bed holding Sybelle's face in my hands watching her eyes struggle to stay open. There was nothing more in the world I wanted than to stop her suffering but there was literally nothing I could do.

"Balto." I turned to look at Sybelle's father who encompassed the doorway his shoulders rising and falling as he breathed heavily, "Sunny and I, we found men from Tribunal. Their all over the city." He huffed running his hand over his greying hair.

I gently shifted Sybelle into the middle of her bed pulling the blankets back up over her shoulders, the Tribunal. Most likely they had caught onto my scent and followed me around, which meant it was only a matter of time before they found Sybelle. Once they did it would be an endless manhunt to catch her and drag her back to Father.

I couldn't allow her to ever see the Ivory halls of the Feral court, I knew the horrors that took place beneath that stone roof. Sunny came running up the stairs followed by Taryin, both of them seemed a little out of breath.

"Balto, there are Crows everywhere out there. The couple I caught didn't seem to know anything about Sybelle or you. I think something else called them here."

I let out a heavy sigh, we weren't off the hook so to speak but we did have opportunity to take advantage of the time we had been given. I needed to get Sybelle out of this house, she could return when her body was done with the final preparations it needed in order to hand over controls to the Animal in her.

Glancing down at the puddle of blood I cursed, I needed his help. Stepping around the puddle I grabbed my cell phone that lay screen open on the ground near the puddle. She had tried to call somebody, I looked over at her my hand tightening on the sleek black cell phone with a flip screen. I couldn't leave her alone.

"What are you doing?" Taryin growled, I felt him marched farther into the room.

"I have no other option left, I don't know what to do for her. Sedating her any more than we already have could be dangerous for her health."