Chapter Two:Reality Check

Right now we(Ben,Austin,Kaylee,Noah,Skye,and me)are giving the North Star lodge a makeover.Noah walks by saying"Five hundred watts coming through"Skye tells him"Thanks Noah"Kaylee walks over with three pillows asking me"Yes,No,Maybe?"I say"Uh,All of them"She smiles and says"Okay"I walk over to Ben while Skye walks over to Austin.We tell them in sync"You missed a spot.Come on give me a boost"Ben and Austin give us a boost and when they set us down we are all looking in each other's eyes(Me and Ben/Skye and Austin)But then Skye had to go and ruin it by saying"isn't Sean coming to help out"Ben tells her while still looking at me"oh not today"Austin says while looking up"Too much like real work"All four of us chuckle.Austin and Ben notice that our shirts have paint on them Skye says"Oh"Then I tell them"We know how to fix that"before we roll the paint roller down the front of there overalls.We then skip away while laughing.Ben tells us"Really mature"I see Granddad walk over to them while saying"You four seem to be getting on"I hear Austin tell him"Oh,It's...It's not like that.But thanks for the awkwardness"I giggle a bit at that.Dad then walks over to me and Skye while saying"Can we try not scaring away the only guest we have left"I say"This is for the guest"Skye then tells him"I want live music,Dad.What do you say Kaylee?"Kaylee looks at Skye confused"What?Me?Sing here?I can't."I suddenly say while grabbing Kaylees hand"Come on,Let's take a photo."Skye calls to the other two"Ben,Austin!this is for the website"Skye steps on a stool I am standing behind her with the others.Skye encouragingly says"I know we can turn this place around"I then say looking at everyone"Come on,Makeover time"Music starts playing then as we all grab rollers.I sing"Oh yeah"While standing on a stool and Ben looks at me with a really cute look while walking past me.I get down from the stool and go stand beside him.Skye sings"One two,This world can knock me down"Now I'm beside Noah.I sing"Might stumble round and round,But I'll never crack,Deep down I love it how,You tell me I can't"Me and Skye had just ran under there arms while they paint.Skye runs over to the phone while singing"Cuz I know,I'm right where I'm meant to be,Oh yeah"Kaylee grabs a long roller and dances while painting with it as we all sing"Can't stop,Won't stop,Gotta kick it up and go hard,Just walk this walk"Kaylee"Gotta give it all that I got" me and Skye jump over the roller.We start cleaning the wooden floor with rags."I got my dreams to keep me shinin through the rain,I gotta finally look the future in the face,I've got enough faith to keep me pushin all the way,Got it all right here in me,Believe that"We all throw our rags in the air.And go into the other room.Ben grabs my hand and spins me around.We all turn to lean back to back(Austin and Skye/Me and Ben/Kaylee and Noah)"Whoo,Come on,One,Two,Three"We all are on the floor now and grab hammers and start banging on nails in the floorboard"Can't stop,Won't stop,Gotta kick it up and go hard,Just walk this walk"We all roll over to Kaylee as she Vocalizes.We all start singing together again as we start to get up off the floor"Believe that,Believe that"We all go outside with pots of flowers and set them down still singing.We then sit on the new couch covered with white paper so no paint gets on it"Oh,Oh,Yeah"I sing"Oh,Yeah"Skye sings"Come on woo"Then Noah says"Come on now"And we take off the white paper"The others except me and Skye run off and I hear"It's Josh,It's Josh,It's Josh,It's Josh"Coming from mine and Skyes phones we both answer and Josh says"Hi Skye,Destiny"I say"Hey Josh"But Skye just says"I can't believe Sean Isn't here"Josh says right back"Instead of with his girlfriend?Right cuz you needed him for his interior design skills"I giggle. But Skye laughs mockingly Dad then walks over and I move so he can sit in between us he sits down and says"I am proud of you two!of this"Skye tells us"Do you think they know we have know idea what we're doing?"Dad encourages us"Well live music and cushions is a good place to start.But people need to know you're open for business."I tell him"We know.We get it."He says "Okay" then gets up and starts to walk away before he turns around and says"I probably should have ended with the I'm proud of you right?"Me and Skye both nod.Skye asks Josh"So how are we supposed to promote the lodge?"Josh tells us"I think I know a way.The TV show." I take out the card and me and Skye both look at it and sigh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me and Skye are waiting outside for the TV crew.When Ben and Austin walk over to us carrying boxes while saying"Hey"we say it back.Austin says"People don't bother with these anymore.We're gonna shut them"I take a picture out of the box Ben is holding and me and Skye stare at it.Ben tells us"We know where that is we sneak up there sometimes.Skye says"It was our moms favorite place in the whole world."I then say"When she ran this place.It was amazing."Ben then scoffs and says"It is now,The Lodge look great and these shirts are way better than the last ones."while looking at me.Me and him both chuckle then smile at each other.Austin interrupts us by saying"Why are you two standing out here?"Skye explains to him"We're promoting the Lodge."Ben chuckles and tells us"Shouldn't you be holding a big sign or something"I hear a vehicle approaching and tell Ben"Think bigger"Right as the van pulls up.Christina I think gets out of the van and starts walking towards us yelling"Skye,Destiny,Glad you two could do the show,Lets get started"Austin says"They're filming you two now"Christina walks over and says"Yep an entire series about the girls who run there own hotel.It's a great story"Lori I think smiles at Noah as she walks past him.We follow them into the hotel and Dad gives us a little lecture about making sure we don't exploit ourselves.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me and Skye both walk outside as Sean pulls up on his bike and Skye stops him saying"See what happens when your not here"I jump in and say"We have our own TV show now"Sean tells us"Nice.We shouldn't really be talking though I promised Danielle."Me and Skye both sigh cause we know he means both of us.We say together"What did we do?"Sean takes his helmet off and Skye takes it and puts it on for some reason and says"She's gotten it into her head that I like one of you or one of you likes me which is obviously not the case."Skye says"Obviously yeah right,Danielle is so amazingly beautiful"Skye says while getting on Sean's bike.I continue with"You guys are like this perfect couple"Sean tells us"Yeah I am kinda scared of her though"Skye accidentally bumps me in the bike.And Sean says"Hey careful with that"as he quickly catches me then grabs Skye.All three of us start laughing when Danielle shows up out of nowhere and starts making a scene.The others had come out by this time.Ben finally steps in and says"Danielle you've got it all wrong"and him and Austin walk over to us.Danielle says"Oh,Have I really?"Snottily.Austin says"Yeah,Really.Look,They may have stolen your show."Me and Skye say together"Austin!"Ben than interjects again"But they aren't after Sean and Sean's not after either of them"Danielle"And you know this how?"Ben"Because we're Dating"he says looking at me."Austin says"So are me And Skye"What"(Sean,Dad,and Danielle)Sean says in disbelief"No way you four are dating"Ben says"Yeah,Just over a week now."He then takes my hand and Austin takes Skye's."We uh we wanted to Keep it a secret right?"Ben tells me looking right into my eyes.I say"Right,We're dating" I say turning back to Danielle and Sean.Skye also turns back to them while saying"Surprise"Austin then finally talks and says"So,can we just agree this is not what it looks like and go inside."The four of us turn and start to head back inside.But Danielle says"Kiss them."Ben chuckles and says"Excuse me?"Danielle repeats"Prove it,Kiss them"Austin says"Okay"and him and Ben lean down and kiss Skye and me on the cheek.I say"Happy now"But on the inside I was screaming in joy.Danielle just says"Hmm"Me and Skye head back inside with Danielle soon following.A couple moments later everyone else walks in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me and Skye had left for our moms favorite spot.We had both called Josh and he is kinda lecturing us right now"You know running off doesn't exactly set the best example for your staff."Skye and me say together(I say Ben/She says Austin)"I can't believe that Ben/Austin just kissed me in front of everyone on my amazing life"Josh gasps and says"What?Spill!Wait no spoiler alert.I wanna watch it on TV!"I walk off to my moms other favorite spot which is close by and is exactly like the other one only smaller and say"Now I have to pretend I like Ben"(Which is a total lie cause I have like the biggest crush on him)Ben rides up on his bike then and clears his throat awkwardly.He starts walking over while talking"So your Dad and a small camera crew are wondering where you are."I question him"How did you know I'd be up here"He answers while sitting next to me with"Well,You said it was your moms favorite spot.I figured"He looks at me and looks very nervous"Look,Destiny if I went to far..."I quickly answer"No it got Danielle off my back"Ben explains to me"I was thinking you could just dump me in a couple of days."He chuckles and nudges me"That's if you can stand being my fake girlfriend for that long."Now that though makes me kinda sad.He glances at me thinking I didn't notice.I sigh and say"Scooch up."While moving to sit closer to him and pulling my phone out again"We need to sell this"And I take a photo of the two of us.We look at the photo and Ben suddenly says while zooming into the tree"What's that"I say"J.N. are my
moms initials.Jenny North."Ben says"Who's S.J. Your dads name is Ed"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skye is dragging me to the editing room.When she sees Kaylee I go to my room.I am pretty sure we might be having a music night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now it's time for the music night.Skye grabs my hand and drags me towards Dad while explaining"I advertised online.Approved?"Dad says"Of this?Yeah!Finding out you two had boyfriends?Not so much."Me and Skye both say"Da..."Dad then explains"I know what Ben and Austin were doing. I was gonna jump in myself and make things worse probably."Me and Skye see Kaylee and I exclaim"Kayls,You look beautiful!"Kaylee"Yeah,I'm gonna be sick."Skye tells her"You're gonna be fine"I say"Come here"The three of us hug and chuckle.Christina walks past us and says"Music night is a great idea.Good job,Skye,Destiny"Me and Skye then turn and see Ben and Austin We walk towards them and say"Hey,You two."Skye then says"Seen our Granddad anywhere?"They point toward him.He does a kinda dance thing with some people.All four of us laugh.We then turn our heads to the other room just as Danielle and Sean walk in.Skye goes up to the microphone on the stage"Uh hi everyone uh Thanks for coming to our first music night.So uh give it up for the lodges new Star.Kaylee Marsden."I cheer with everyone.Noah presses play on his track and Kaylee starts to sing"Oh,Oh,Oh,The wheels are spinning in my head,I'm stumbling with every step,I feel that beating in my chest,Can you hear it?,Am I crazy or maybe this might be something"Suddenly the power goes out.Noah and Lori go to turn the power back on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me and Skye walk over to Kaylee and Danielle"Are you Okay?"Kaylee just storms away from us bumping Skye's shoulder.Danielle gives us a look and walks away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me and Skye walk over to Kaylee again Skye asks Kaylee"Do you wanna finish that song with us?"I then hold up both of our ukuleles and Skye tells her"We only know three cords.If anyone's gonna humiliate themselves up there,It's gonna be us.You with us?"Kaylee responds"Sure"Skye wraps her arms around both of us and we walk back inside the lodge.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Skye"You ready?"Kaylee"Yeah"I notice Noah and Lori aren't back yet and it seems Kaylee notices that too Skye asks Kaylee"What's wrong?"Kaylee tells her"Nothing"The three of us then walk onstage.Me and Skye Start strumming the ukuleles and soon after Kaylee starts playing her guitar and singing"The wheels are spinning in my head,I'm Stumbling with every step,I feel that beating in my chest,Can you hear it?,Am I crazy?or maybe this might be something real,Under the surface,It knows that the logic,Do you feel what I feel?,There's something bout the two of us,There's no denying,There's no denying,I'm hypnotized,It's such a rush,Don't wanna hide it,Don't wanna hide it,Each breath I'm trying to keep my cool,Each step I don't know what to do"I notice Ben hadn't taken his eyes off me the entire time."Are there consequences in the truth?,If you only knew,Oohh,Oohh,Ooh,Ooh,Ooh"The song ends.The turns back on,people cheer,and Me,Skye,and Kaylee all hug each other.Me and Skye then walk off the stage and Noah and Lori walk in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me and Ben are talking Skye and Austin are right beside us.Dad walks behind us and places one hand on our shoulders"Tonight was great girls,I'm proud of you two"We say together"Thanks Dad"We then see Sean lean on the door frame and Me and Skye walk over to him"Are you still avoiding us?I thought we got past that"Sean says out of the Blue"I know you and Austin aren't dating."I'm surprised he didn't mention me and Ben.Skye"Meaning?"Sean"Meaning Austin just got over his ex.So maybe you shouldn't be using him to make your life easier on the show."Me and Skye look At him in shock.Danielle then walks over and says"Hi"And her and Sean leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now I am in Skye's room and she had called Josh and was babbling angrily"Ugh,How dare he?You should have heard him!I shouldn't be using Austin!"Me and Josh say together"Take a breath."But Skye just keeps on babbling angrily"One second he wants to be my friend then the next I'm someone who uses people!Well,You know what?Maybe I don't want to be his friend!I should tell him."I then jump in"No,You shouldn't tell him."Josh says"Really,Seriously,Skye."But Skye had already gotten her phone out and called Sean and says"For your information,Sean,Whether me and Austin date or pretend to date,Is absolutely none of your business,Or is it?,You tell me."Me and Josh both look at her.