Chapter Three:Opportunities

Me and Skye are in the Lobby and Talking to Josh who says in shock"You did what?Skye."Skye says"I know,I know,I know."Josh says in disbelief "You accused Sean of liking you"Skye explains"Which is why I need to apologize so he deletes the voicemail."Josh tells her"You do realize you're going to have to say sorry in person,Then?or you'll have a text on his phone mentioning the voicemail."I then interject"And if Danielle checks his text?"Skye then interrupts me"Ok later"Skye walks off just as Ben walks in"Hey,Girlfriend."He says using quotation marks"Hey,Boyfriend."I say using quotation marks as well.Dad then walks in saying"Hey,Daughter"Mockingly using quotation marks"The Lodge requires your undivided attention"He says pushing me into the other room Skye walked in to just moments earlier."Destiny,Skye we've lost like half of our regular guest,Nearly all because of the reality show cameras"Granddad says"It's just a hiccup"Dad sighs"It could damage the business we need to ask them to leave"I say"No Dad"Skye"The reality show is what's gonna make this place better.We'll talk to Christina"I then say for Skye"Later,We're on a break and there's something important Skye really needs to do."Dad sighs"Remember all that stuff about You Two wanting to help run the Lodge?Well this should be your priority"Skye tells him"And it is"Granddad grabs Skyes shoulders and says all dramatically"Go,Go,Run like the Wind"I head to my room though and sit on my bed staring at the photo of mom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Right now I am walking into the lodge and Found out Skye gave Sean a job here.She is in the other room and had called Josh and me and he was talking right now"Hang on,You offered Sean a job at the Lodge?Which means he's gonna be around you all the time.Ulterior motive anyone?"Dad walks in then.Skye tells him"Shut up!"Ben walks over to me and I say"No,Literally..."and turn my phone towards him as Josh says"Just saying."Ben waves at Josh and Skye.Josh says"Oh,It's the nice,Fake boyfriend."Skye than interjects"And dressed like a road sign for some reason"Ben explains to us"I help out at the activity center"I end the call and put my phone up while saying"You have two jobs?"Ben tells me"Yeah certified in everything.Come along tomorrow and I'll show you.I'll take you on a climb."I tell Ben a little cautious"I don't know,Ben"A boy walks over to us then.Ben explains"Oh!This is my little brother,Ethan.He watches the My Amazing Life Show."He than says a bit Quieter"He's a bit of a fan."I say"Really"Ethan tells me"I like Kaylee the best."Ben chuckles then says"Ignore him,he's messing with you.Your his favorite"I chuckle and Ethan says"Sure you don't mean your favorite?"Ben just changes the subject"So,Uh,9:00 A.M. Tomorrow Okay?"I smile and say"Yeah"Then the two of them walk away and I giggle.Dad walks over to me and I sigh he grabs my arm and takes me to the other room again while saying"That was a long break,And now your arranging dates for tomorrow"I argue"It's not a date.Did it sound like a date?I'm sorry I was gone for so long(I had went to my moms favorite spot).And I know I'm dumping on you.Look I'll cancel tomorrow and refocus on the Lodge 24/7.Promise."We reach Granddad and Skye and Skye says"Oh,Would this be a bad time to mention that I offered Sean a part time job."Granddad says"Really"While Dad says"You did What"I say"he has bike tryouts and he really needs the money"Dad tells the two of us"Skye,Destiny"Granddad says"Offering Sean a job here is a good thing,We're gonna need some extra help around here"I say"Really?Why?"Granddad tells us"No big reason,Just that I've decided to leave the North Star."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me and Skye are in her room again She is playing the ukulele when Granddad walks in with two Suitcases.Me and Skye Just look at him until I finally say"Why go when we've only just arrived?Now we're losing you too"We then both look down Granddad walks towards us while saying"If it weren't for you two,We'd have sold this place,and I'm so glad we didn't.But there are still other things I want to do.Plus,I don't think I fit in with Christina's cool reality show vibe.I'm not hip."Me and Skye giggle at that.Granddad continues"I'm just happy to be leaving the place in good hands."We both look at moms picture and Skye says"I love that picture of mom.It's a shame it's damaged."Granddad looks like he suddenly remembers something and says"Oh,I nearly forgot!"He then grabs one of the suitcases and says"It's a few of your moms old things."He then grabs the other one.(They are now both on the bed)"Clothes mostly,I think.I thought you two might like that."Me and Skye say in sync"That's Amazing!Thanks Granddad."The three of us then hug.Granddad leaves and me and Skye opens the suitcases.Skye grabs one of the dresses and starts twirling with it.I see something and pull out moms Diary.I flip through it and on one of the pages it says S.J. I mutter"Who is S.J.?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am waiting for Ben in the lobby to tell him I can't go.He walks in and says"Ready for Climbing?"I say"Actually I can't,I promised my Dad I'd be more focused on Lodge business.He needs me"Ben says"You have to,An Hour tops,We can tell Ed you were with me weeding out the pond."I look at him confused and ask"Do we even have a pond?"while smiling and holding in a giggle.Ben thinks about it and says"Mmm.No,It's really cool up there.You'd like it.It would mean a lot to me if you came"I feel so bad right now"I don't know?"Sean then walks in saying"You two still playing Lovebirds?"Ben and him clap hands and Ben says"Hey,Man.I thought we were training later,not now."Sean says"Yeah,We are.I came here to get started on my new part time job.Ready Boss"Ben laughs and says"What?You work here now?Do you even know what hard work is?"Sean says"Finding a shirt in your wardrobe that doesn't have checks on it?"We all laugh at that.Sean then says"I am stoked!I'm totally gonna check in some guests!"while going behind the counter.Ben says"Oh,Um,Can you tell Ed,Destiny's with me cleaning out the pond?"Sean asks"We have a pond?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me and Ben get to the hiking place.I say"This is cool.I don't think I've ever been up here before?I'm glad I came"Ben tells me"I knew you'd get a kick out of it."He then calls over to Ethan who I just noticed"Hey,bud.Sorry we're late."He asks me"You don't mind if Ethan tags along do you?He's a good climber.Hey,You get Destiny prepped and I'll a make a start."Then Ben walks off.Ethan starts helping me while saying"Did you think this was a date?"I tell him"No.Me and Ben dating is just pretend for the reality show.It's not real."Ethan says"I can see what's going on.I'm twelve not eight.It's been ages since he broke up with Ana.You should go for it."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ben calls down to me and Ethan"How are you two doing?Having fun yet?"I say really nervous"This was a big mistake.What am I doing up here?"Ben calls to me"You're doing great"Ethan asks me"Is it fun being the star of your own reality show?"I respond"My Dad would say I don't spend enough time at the Lodge to know"Ethan tells me"I think your pretty cool.Sort of my favorite"I say"Thanks.That's sort of sweet."Ben says down to us"Ethan,Are you joining me up here or am I talking to myself?"Ethan says"Woah!"and falls a bit.I say worried"Ethan!Ethan are you okay?"Ethan tells me as I try to reach for him"I've just remembered,I don't like heights."Ben says"Hold on bro."And starts coming down and says getting Ethan"Ethan let me take your weight"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After all of that Ethan leaves and heads home.Ben starts walking to me and I confess to him"Uh,Confession,I thought this was a date.Not fake.An actual date."Ben tells me"Really?I would never take a girl rock climbing on a first date.Come on.I wanna show you something."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We reach my moms favorite spot and I am shocked at what I see.Ben tells me"I know this place is special to you so I gave it a bit of a makeover."I run towards it and tell him amazed"This is incredible Ben"He takes off his climbing jacket and turns on some music then looks over at me and says"Just in case it isn't completely obvious,This parts the date."He then starts to sing"It's quiet,Finally here we are,The world melts away and leaves a spark"He kicks some leaves and continues singing while walking towards me"And all I hear is my beating heart"He placed his hand over his heart and continues on"Can you here it?"Me and him sing together standing right in front of each other"Am I crazy?Or maybe this might be something real,Under the surface,The nerves and the logic,Do you feel what I feel?"Ben grabs my hand and we start walking while singing"There's something bout the two of us,There's no denying,There's no denying,I'm hypnotized,It's such a rush"I pick up some leaves and throw them in the air while spinning and both of us continue singing"Don't wanna hide it,Don't wanna hide it"Ben holds his hands out and I run and he spins me around the two of us still singing"Each breath I'm trying to keep my cool,Each step I don't know what to do,Are there consequences in the truth?,If you only knew,Oohh,oohh,ooh,ooh,ooh"We end with our foreheads leaning against each other.I then remember I have to be at work and quickly run off calling to Ben"I have to be somewhere,Late for work."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dad tells me and Skye(She had done the same with Austin)that he is not mad at us cause if Granddad never let mom sneak out to meet boys he never would have met her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Right now me and Skye are in her room and she is modeling one of our moms dresses and it fits her perfectly.Skye than turns toward where I am sitting on the bed and walks over,She opens up our moms diary and when she turns a page a necklace and a bracelet fall out.Skye picks up the necklace while I pick up the bracelet and I notice that the both have a key on them and both keys say S.J."S.J. again"Skye says confused.Skye puts the necklace on and I clasp the bracelet on my wrist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The fuse is gone again Granddad"Skye says as we lead granddad into a going away party without him knowing."It can't have.We had it checked."Granddad says in confusion."See for yourself."I say to granddad as me and Skye open the door."SURPRISE!" Everybody yells."We wrote it just for you"me and Skye say together as we pull Granddad into the middle of the circle we formed.Kaylee starts singing"Sittin' On The Stairs,You're On Your Way,Got Something To Tell Ya,I Just Wanna Say,There's No Fare In Farewell,What's The Good In Goodbye,Your Heart Is Set,You've Got The Look In Your Eye"We all join in then"Go See What You Need To See,I Know You're Out There Missing Me,Go Do What You Need To Do,And I'll Be Right Here Missing You,Maybe You'll Leave,But I'll Never Let You Go,Picture Frames Need Photographs,So Live And Love And Laugh,Maybe You'll Leave,But I'll Never Let You Go,Ooh,I'll Never Let You Go"You all clap.You all yell speech at granddad."Okay,I'll keep it brief.A heartfelt goodbye"Granddad starts as he touches his heart"And good luck to Destiny,Skye,and Ed.I know you'll make a success of it here.Now,where are my gifts?"Granddad says and we all laugh at the last sentence."I know I've been distant,just promise me no grumpy weirdness."Noah says to Kaylee who walked over to him."No,Its good you and Laurie are getting to know each other."Kaylee reassures him."Really,you don't mind?"Noah asks confused."Why should I?She's pretty and I think she definitely likes you"Kaylee says to him and then walks away.Danielle walks in and me and Skye walk over to her"I want a word with you two."Danielle demands."Can it wait?Skye questions."Why did you two give Sean a job here?" Danielle interrogates us."Danielle we don't want to fight with you again,We like you,the two us wanna get along with you.We swear we had no bad intention when we gave Sean a job here."I tell her exasperated."Please"Danielle says not believing it."We don't know what you're thinking,but we are definitely not your competition here.I'm with Austin now"Skye tells Danielle."And I'm with Ben,and we really like them" I add."Well then,I hope you'll be very happy together.By the way,That's Ana"Danielle says looking at a cute girl."Ben and Austins Ex.Shes back,It looks like you two are the ones with the competition now."Danielle says as Ana walks over to Ben,Austin,and Kaylee and Danielle walks away.Ben and Austin hug her and right after they all look deep into conversation as her and Kaylee hug.Skye puts her hand over the camera lense.
(Just so you know in my story Ana and Austin dated after her and Ben so Ben is totally over her and she is going after Austin please don't get mad at me if you do not like this)