Chapter 5: Descision

Clarke looked at Octavia's thin frail body sitting on her bed, shivering. She looked nothing like the loud and cheerful girl Clarke had left behind in her opposite cell. She looked tired, weak, and broken even.

Clarke remembered the day the guards had dragged Octavia to the cell opposite her's. Defiant as always. She had been caught stealing morphine for her mother, Stella, who had been suffering from terminal bone cancer. Abby had tried to protect her, but in vain.

"Clarke, I-" Octavia began.

"It's ok, O" Clarke nodded. "Bellamy told me everything."

"Bellamy? He's here?"

"No, I'll tell you everything later. Right now, I'm just so glad that you're okay," she said, and engulfed Octavia in a hug.

"Me too Clarke" Octavia smiled, relieved. "Me too."

"What about Raven?"

"She's biding her time. She and Monty were planning something when I left."

"We've to get them out, Octvaia, soon," the worry was etched on her face.

"You're close, Clarke," she said. "The Commander is already here...they were calling that girl, Heda...You're almost there!"

Clarke gulped.

"Yea I guess," she nodded gingerly. Octavia stared at her. "I'll do it...whenever Lexa is alone...I mean...she's the Commander. What? Stop staring and creeping me out."

"Lexa? Hmm. What do I smell here, Princess?" Octavia raised her eyebrows.

"What? And stop calling me that. "

"A story, that's what." Octavia said. "You forget, I know you better than I know myself at times."

"There's no story, ok. Just this thing that happened." Clarke wondered how to tell Octavia the whole story without making the other girl feel betrayed. She was supposed to be working for their freedom, not falling- definitely not the word- not making friends with the Commander. Yes, that's what it was. Friends. Close. Maybe a little too close.

"Clarke?" Octavia asked, a smile creeping up on her tired face. "Do I smell what I think I smell in the air?"

"What smell?" Clarke looked around, confused.

Octavia gave a wicked grin. "I can smell your gay-ass heart burst into rainbow confetti."

"Excuse me!" Clarke narrowed her eyes.

"Excuse you! Holy shit! Is the princess doing the dirtaaaay with the Commander?"

"Octavia! Shut your trap!"

"Ohkay, ohkay. I was just kidding. You called her Lexi-"

"Lexa.. Alexandra," Clarke corrected her automatically.

"Hey not my duty to remember YOUR wife's name. I just wanna touch that guy's abs. The one who caught me." Octavia grinned.

"I'll stuff spiders in your pillowcase again, if you do not shut up about Lexa and I," Clarke warned. "And his name is Lincoln, you're welcome."

"Ohkay,ohkay" Octavia conceded. Clarke's threats about spiders had come true twice before, and she did not want to take the chance again. "So there is nothing going on between 'Lexa and I'? Nothing at all?"

"No. Look, I met her at the forest, and she didn't tell me she was the Commander. So we...we became friends of sorts...and then I get to know that she's the damned Commander. And yes, that. So no more...friendships of any sort."