Chapter 15: Forebodings

Clarke woke up as the sunlight hit her face. She opened her face to the soft glow of the sun streaming into the room and hitting Lexa's face. Lexa was up, and her head resting on her elbows, smiling down gently at Clarke.

"Good morning, Clarke."

"Hey...good morning...how late is it?"

"It's never too late," Lexa grinned.

"C'mon, I have a Commander to answer to, Lex," Clarke smiled, and snuggled closer to Lexa.

"You were pretty okay with just answering to me last night," Lexa smirked.

"You will always be my Commander, Lexa," Clarke smiled and sat up, pulling the blankets closer. "How long have you been up?"

"A few hours," Lexa shrugged. "You had nightmares."

Clarke sighed." Yea, well, they come and go. Well I really have to go now, Lexa. Luna will be waiting."

"Maybe you should have a talk with your friends first." Lexa suggested.

Clarke had been dreading it. "I dunno... Do they hate me?"

"I think you go way back to hate each other. Talk to them. Clear their doubts. I'm sure they'll come around."

"Why do I have to go? Why can't I stay here like this with you?" Clarke groaned.

"You can. After this is sorted. Now, and forever."

Clarke slipped her arms around Lexa's body and snuggled against her neck, taking in the warmth and security she felt. "Now and forever," she whispered.

***

Clarke's cheek stinged from the sharp blow from Octavia as soon as she had entered the tent.

"Whoa calm down there, O. You look like shit, Clarke," Raven said, trying to separate the two girls.

"She fucking had to go and capture Heda. Can you believe her! After everything!" Octavia huffed impatiently.

"I didn't know it was her, O you idiot! You think I, of all people, will help them capture Lexa!"

"How the hell do I know. You walk and talk like one of the NouKru now. You are her second or something." Octavia backed up a little, still breathing like a winded rhinoceros.

"I had to survive," Clarke said. "Do you think I had any option left?"

"You had to color your hair this weird red to survive?"

"How is even relevant?" Clarke rolled her eyes.

"The kid just wants to look badass," Raven quipped in.

"Shut up. You have a tattoo on your neck!" Clarke retorted as she saw the tip of wings on her collar bone, peek out of her t-shirt.

"Hey, O has tattoos in far more intimate areas. Lincoln did them," Raven winked.

"That was supposed to be a secret!" Octavia said exasperatedly.

"Your girlfriend has tattoos all over her body!"

"Lexa is not my girlfriend! Shut up!"

"Sorry Clarkey. I'm too scared of the Commander to call her your fuck-buddy."

"Wash your mouth Octavia," Finn said as he entered the tent. "Hola mighty Commander killer,"  he faked a bow to Clarke.

"Fuck you pretty face", Clarke replied, and stuck her tongue out at him.

She felt like a complete different person from who she was just twenty four hour back. She didn't have to strain to smile, or pretend to blend into the company anymore. These were her people. Lexa was her person.