5 ~ To Kill Or Not To Kill

"Glad that bitch got what she deserved!"

Everyone whirled around to the short brat, a smirk on her face.

"How can you even say that?!" Akane protested.

"She clearly murdered Mr. Ham Hands!" Hiyoko giggled. "She was covered in blood!"

"In case you weren't paying attention," Nagito shot coldly, "Monokuma is only saving her because she wasn't the blackened. Or did you forget?"

"He was obviously lying. Don't you remember? He said there was a traitor. It was obviously (Name)! Those two are working together!" Hiyoko shot back.

"Just stop. Please." Chiaki stepped up.

"Yes, Chiaki is right. This isn't our main issue. Our friend was just put in the hospital." Hinata sighed. "We should go check on her."

"Should we postpone the class trial..?" Akane offered.

"That'd probably be best. Since (Name) is the main suspect, according to some people, she should be here to defend herself." Sonia stated.

"Whatever Miss Sonia says is fine with me!" Kazuichi smiled.

"So let's all get some rest. It's been a long night." Chiaki sighed softly, and as everyone exchanged nervous glances and walked to their cottages.

As Nagito laid in his bed, he frowned as he stared at his roof. He sighed, his hair covering parts of his eyes. He didn't know why he couldn't sleep. It was strange to him.

"Damn it, (Name)." With a scowl, he stood up, exiting his cottage. He walked silently to Jabberwock Park, hoping that no one would hear him and follow him. After looking around, his cupped his hands around his mouth. "Hey! Monokuma!"

Suddenly, the two-faced bear popped up. "You called~?" Monokuma chirped.

"I'll be quite honest. I wanna see (Name)." Nagito stated, not showing expression.

"Ooh, why? Do you wanna off her now? Or torture her?" Monokuma giggled.

"No, nothing like that." Nagito's lips curled into a snarl. "I just worry about her. That's all. I just wanna make sure she's ok."

"That's not despair-inducing at all," Monokuma whined.

"Despair...?" Nagito seemed to deepen his snarl.

"Ooh, you seem mad." Monokuma cackled. "But since you asked so kindly, I'll take you to her! Hope you don't mind if I knock you out! The 2nd Island is a mystery."

With that, Nagito felt something blunt hit the back of his head, and with a grunt, he fell to the floor. Dirt entered his mouth a bit, but he was in too much pain to care. His eyes were still barely open, and he couldn't hear that well. However, as he blacked out, he definitely heard Monokuma's evil laugh.

When his eyes opened, he noticed he was in a hospital room. Groaning, he rubbed the back of his head, and his eyes finally adjusted to the bright light, signaling it was about 10 am. In front of the window, there was a hospital bed, and a person sitting there, blanket covering from their shoulder up.

"You're awake." She sighed, staring out the window.

"Ah, you're awake!" Nagito smiled and stood up, walking to her. "I'm glad. I was worried!"

"Were you..? You don't hate me?" (Name) glanced at him.

"Of course not. I'm not like Hiyoko." Nagito pouted.

(Name) laughed weakly, turning back to the window. "Nagito Komaeda... I can't understand you."

"Huh? What's there to not understand?" Nagito raised an eyebrow.