16 ~ Nightmares

Nagito stared in shock, gripping the podium. Yeah, that was (Name). In the flesh. Well, maybe not flesh because of their current circumstance, but it was her. Exactly as he remembered. Her voice was the same pitch too. But he couldn't understand how the actual hell she was alive.

"(N-Name), is that really you..?" Nagito whimpered, and (Name) swiftly nodded her head.

"Yes, it's is me.." She sighed. "I apologize that I had to lie to you.. But, now I'm back. I would come and kiss you, however I need to explain what's going on. Maybe if I tell you, you'll hate me." She frowned.

"You know I'd never.." Nagito went to reach for her.

"I know. I just can't take the risk. You know how hard it was for me to get back here without her noticing?" (Name) scowled at her 2nd to last word.

"Her?" Sonia tilted her head.

"Yes, her. The 'Queen of Despair' herself.. She's the reason why your school trip went haywire, and why so many people were killed.." (Name) sighed sadly.

"Wait, do you mean Junko Enoshima..?" Hajime mumbled, and her eyes widened.

"H-How did you..?"

"I picked up a manga, and her name was mentioned quite a bit when it came to killing.." Hajime explained.

(Name) let out a breath of relief. "Well, she hacked into this program, and-"

"Wait wait, program?" Fuyuhiko questioned.

"Sorry, I should explain that.. The Neo World Program was something we, the Remnants of Despair, willingly entered as a way to turn us back to our original selfs. When we were Remnants, we did horrible things.. Well, you guys did. The things I did were normal, considering my talent." (Name) chuckled bitterly. "Anyway, after we were brought here, the Future Foundation was trying to restore us from the brainwashing we got subjected to by Junko.. However, she was able to hack into the program, and that's why we were forced to kill."

"So all of them died because of her..?" Kazuichi gaped.

"Yeah, that's right.." (Name) nodded.

"So why would we hate you..?" Hajime raised an eyebrow.

"Because she backstabbed you all!" A high-pitched voice cackled, and (Name) scowled.

"Damn, she's already here.."

"Wait, you don't mean.." Nagito frowned.

"Hello boys and girls! It's the Queen of Despair herself!"

Suddenlyy, a huge AI appeared, and she was basically a gigantic Junko Enoshima. She held a pink phone in her manicured hand, pressed a few buttons, and slammed the gigantic phone down. Junko's face appeared on the black screen.

"So you must be Junko Enoshima.." Sonia seemed to be in deep thought.

"Wait, back up.. What do you mean, backstabbed..?" Fuyuhiko frowned.

(Name) went to explain, but Junko cackled again and was in her deranged personality. "Exactly what I fuckin said! She's the reason you all got brainwashed to begin with!"

"How?" Akane shook her head. "That's not possible."

"Hajime, you read that manga, right..? About how the Student Council members were all killed?" (Name) looked at him for confirmation.

"Yeah, I did.. They said an unknown girl along with Izuru Kamukura killed the student council. There was supposed to have been another witness, but there's no proof that there was someone else there." Hajime thought out loud, and his eyes widened. "Wait, you can't possibly mean...?"

"Yes.. It was me. I killed some of the student council.." (Name) sighed sadly. "And the student who was with me..?" She glanced at Nagito. "It was you."

"W-Wait, what..?" Nagito shook his head. "Thats ridiculous. I would've remembered.."

"We got our memory wiped, remember? You wouldn't remember even if you tried." Fuyuhiko reminded.

"You and I were being dumb.. Guess we were in love back then, too.." (Name) laughed dryly. "We snuck into the school at night, I can't remember why, but we did. And we walked in on something we weren't supposed to see."

"So, because she loved you so much, she killed so you two could live! Isn't that so despair-inducing? To live at the cost of someone else's life?" Junko has her hands near her face and big puppy dog eyes on.

"Nevermind that, you did it so we could live! I couldn't ever hate you for that!" Nagito explained. "Especially not now! Not after I've missed you for so long.. Please, (Name), just come back to me!"

(Name)'s eyes widened, and she took a step back. Junko let out a gagging noise, now in her depressed phase. "Ew, how gross.. You two are filled with such hope.. Besides, (Name) has a deal with me. She can't betray me."

"Deal?" Hajime gave a confused look.

"I... I made a deal with her, that Nagito wouldn't be harmed, so long as I do what she says when she says.." (Name) looked down, ashamed.

"If you won't come to me, I'll just come to you." Nagito demanded, and he then left his podium. He walked over and stood in front of her, holding a hand out for her. "Come back to me. Please. I need you." He begged.

"But, what if she.. What if she hurts you? I can't risk that.." (Name) grabbed on to her mechanical wrist, as if that was keeping her from leaving.

"I don't care about that. I'll deal with the consequences when it gets to it." Nagito continued. (Name) looked over at Hajime, and he nodded and smiled at her.

"It'll be ok. This is our future now. She can't harm us." Hinata nodded his head in Junko's direction during his last statement.

"(Name), don't you break our promise." Junko had her crown on her head. "That's not very ladylike of you. Besides, you wouldn't want me to kill your precious boyfriend, right?"

(Name) looked torn for a bit, and Nagito spoke. "I know you want to hug me right now. Just do it, there's nothing to hold you back anymore." He gave her a smile.

(Name)'s eyes softened, and without hesitating she grabbed his outstretched hand with her mechanical one, and he pulled her closer to him, wrapping his arms around her waist. She buried her head against his shoulder, her arms draped around his neck.

"It's good to have you back." He mumbled into her ear.

"Upupup! I warned you, (Name)!"