[eighteen]

Tess finally came, and Castiel left them to talk alone.

He trailed his fingers on the walls and hummed to himself. Dean was leaving, and he didn't want him to go. But the murdered were right; Dean must go. Castiel had to set him free.

You're... you're happy...

"I am." Cas said with a smile.

But... you've lost him...

"I love him... his safety is more important than my selfish wants. I have been selfish, killing others... For Balthazar, I hated him and I wanted him dead for breaking my heart. For Gabriel, I wanted his youth. So young, so vibrant. Meanwhile me, rotting away in the ageless soul that I am. Charlie, she showed compassion... she cared a little. I loved her as a friend... I guess I hoped that she would chose to stay.. but Dean... Dean was different that the rest. And I don't want this life for him, I want him to be happy. And that involves a place without me... and without you.."

For once Castiel... you are right...

"Wow... those are the first words of kindness you have told me..." Cas muttered, stopping in his tracks.

I guess it's my way of saying goodbye, Castiel Jim Novak. You have beaten me... you have won... you are free...

And the voice, the anxiety, the horrible thoughts, they all vanished. Castiel felt as if a weight was lifted from his shoulders.

Castiel turned around to walk down the wall again, but he nearly jumped at what he saw:

Dean.

"Dean..." he breathed before running up towards him.

He looked down, hands in pockets. "I couldn't leave you..."

He could feel tears coming to his eyes. "Dammit Dean! You would have been free, You would have been far away from me, from this place! Why?"

Dean looked up. "I've already told you.. I love you Cas."

Cas shook his head. "How can you say that after I killed you?"

The other boy took a step near him. "I forgive you... We're together now... Why aren't you happy?"

Castiel looked down. "I am.. I just don't think you will be after a while.." He felt Dean grab his chin and pull it upwards.

"I will always be happy with you. You and me, Castiel. You and me." He said before kissing him.

Cas pulled away slowly and placed his forehead on Dean's, hands on both of his cheeks.

"You and me. You and me."