Contact (Ch.4)

Starshot p.o.v.

Bilbo had went to go scout for the Orcs that were after us while the rest of us waited and talked amongst ourselves. I was fiddling with my comms fixing as much as I could before Bilbo came back.

When he did come back it was not with good news and I only had two more things to fix on my comms before I could try and use the little bit of Energon I had on me that I saved for two years to get the comm to work.

We started running as we heard a loud roar. Bombour somehow ran faster than the rest of us.

We were able to make it into a barn-like housing-unit. And push the large bear out of the housing-unit with the rather large doors.

"What was that?"

"That was our host." Everyone looked to Gandalf as he spoke. "His name is Beorn sometimes he is a bear and sometimes he's a great big strong man. Although he isn't over fond of Dwarves."

I tuned them out until I heard Gandalf say to get some rest.

I sat in a corner far from everyone else.....we still had some sunlight. So I fixed the last two things on my comms.

"What are ye doin' lass?" Dwâlin asked.

"I am fixing this so I may try to contact my father." I replied. I pulled out the Energon shard I had left.

"What is tha'?" Bofur asked. All the Dwarves looked to me.

"This is Energon. The precious crystal that my people fight over that I told you about." I said.

"You also said it was food." Bilbo said.

"To my kind yes. Although if any of you consumed any of it you would most likely die. Energon and organic systems do not mix." I said shaking my helm.

"Are you going to try and fix your communication device?" Fíli asked.

"Yes." I replied.

"Can we watch?" Kíli asked.

"Do what you wish." I replied.

Everyone watched me as I added a small piece of my palm sized shard to my comms. It fizzed and sparked before I could hear static. "This is Starshot....does anyone hear me? Ratchet? Oppi? Bee? Jackie? Anyone?" I waited a few moments before repeating. "This is Starshot, does anyone hear me-?"

"Starshot?" Ratchets voice came from the comms.

"Ratchet! You have no idea how great it is to hear your vocal print!" I said excitedly.

"Thank Primus! Do you realize how scared we were? We couldn't find you anywhere. We searched all over the planet for you!" Ratchet said.

"Where's Oppi?" I asked. Ratchet got silent. "Ratchet?"

"It was found out that Unicron was the core of this planet. Your father and your Uncle worked together to defeat him." Ratchet said.

"Let me guess Uncle only did it because if anyone is to destroy the planet he wants it to be himself and no one else?" I asked.

"You're correct. Optimus used the Matrix of Leadership to shut down Unicrons spark. But it caused him to loose his memory. The last thing he remembers is before Cybertron went dark.....back when he was Orion Pax." Ratchet said.

"So he's back to the mentality of an Archivist?" I asked.

"Yes. I fear your Uncle is filling your father's processor with lies. One thing I know for certain though. He will always be a Autobot in his Spark. He's a good bot who would never, on purpose, do anything Evil." Ratchet said. "Oh before I end our communication. Where are you?"