chapter 1

This chapter has been edited and all other will also be done slowly as I try and keep a update schedule. thanks for reading it was edited by a good friend

Tris’ POV

This is so not happening right now. I refuse to believe that Four knows my secret. This is not good!

Well, I suppose I had better introduce my self. I am Six. I know, a number as a name is stupid but not everyone knows me as this. Most people just call me Tris. I race cars and I’m good. I‘m the best, but now it’s got to stop. I can't carry on racing, not now anyway.
This is how it started. This is how I nearly stopped being me.

I got ready for my race as usual, stepping into tight fitting denim shorts and a black crop top. Black combat boots finished the outfit. As well as that I put in my contact lenses to make my eyes a deep ocean blue colour. I then applied minimal eyeliner and red lipstick before jumping in my Chevy impala, making it to the meat in record time. Since it had been worked on I decided to choose this car instead of my other one. No point in taking my Lamborghini if I was going to wipe the floor with every one so easily. Stepping out of the car, I checked under the hood. Seeing that everything was in check, I closed it again and made my way to the starting line. I rolled down the window, flashing a smirk at the driver next to me and quickly roll the window back up. The start signal was giving and the row of cars sped off, mine in front. The usual twists and turns didn’t faze me and I soon lost the other drivers. Speeding down the road and round out usual twists and turns, I lose the other drivers and I soon cross the line in first like usual. I got out of the car, waving to my many fans as I walk over to the prize money.

I collected it then gave my signature smirk to the audience. I turned to walk back to my car and head home when I stop. It had to be tonight, didn’t it? He was there. Well, he was always there, watching most nights, but I had yet to see him race. This time, he was looking at me. So I just walked towards my car again, seeing as it was the same direction as him. I fit my phone into my left hand and starting texting my friend Tory. I ended up bumping into him, and then he recognised me. The look in his face was as clear as day. I did the only thing that seemed right. I daringly kissed him, then acted like nothing happened and got into my car. I drove home in record time, and took out my keys. I locked the car and opened the front door, putting the prize money on a small table near the door. I locked the door, put the keys on the key hook on the back of the door and then walked to my room. I took off my makeup in the en suite bathroom, then changed into my night wear. As I got into my bed and drift into sleep, I felt a gentle sense of unease, more than I usually did.

***

My alarm clock blared out an extract of Sheep in Wolf’s Clothing the next morning. My hand slammed down on the off button. I was drowsy and groggy, having gotten little sleep last night. I went to the bathroom and had a cold shower to wake myself up.
I dried myself before throwing on a simple top, jeans, and an oversized hoody. I looked totally different than I usually do, but that’s fine. After all, no one could know the truth. I just wanted to get the money and go live in L.A. with Tory. I made my way downstairs, grabbing my phone and keys. I headed straight to the kitchen to make some coffee, but I silently stopped when I saw Tory with her back to me, next to the coffee machine. At this scene, I decided to sneak up on her and I shouted, “Good morning Tory!” as loud as possible, and I jumped back as I knew she’d try to get me immediately.

And indeed she did. After jumping three feet in the air, she landed on the ground, spun, and nearly landed her fist on me. She would’ve if I hadn’t dodged in time. Then I gave her a death hug.
“Why are you here?” I asked.
“Well, I got in early and came to see you to see how you were coping with all the street racing,” Tory started. I gave her a “Is that the only reason?” look, and she rolled her eyes. “And I wanted to move in is my bags are in the guest room.”
“Really?” I deadpanned. She grinned and nodded.
“Anywho, I came at 4AM so I came in here to get some coffee. I guessed you’d get pumped to see me. In the couple of hours you were asleep, I went to see how well your cars—and my baby—are.”
“You still call your motorcycle your baby?” I asked.
“Yes. Now don’t interrupt me.
“I wanted to make sure my baby wasn’t being neglected. I spent nearly all the time I had with your cars before I had to get another cup of coffee. Then you came. Now, shouldn’t you be getting to school?”
My expression turned to dread. Tory saw this and offered to drive me to school. I accepted wholeheartedly. I led her to my rundown truck, knowing I couldn’t  take my other cars or her motorcycle. It wouldn’t be the Tris most people know and that would be no good in the long run, especially in my other cars which only Tris knew about. Possibly Four, but I threw him off with that kiss.

I went to the passenger side and Tory gave me a look. I see the keys for my Lamborghini. I was definitely in for it, but I didn’t complain. At least she was driving. We got into the Lamborghini and she starts the car.
I could say she was my aunt, and it wouldn’t be lying, she sorta was.
I decided to just say, in an incredibly rushed tone, “Someone found out,” and I hoped I wouldn’t have to repeat it. But Tory looked at me and and asked with a very curious tone, “What did you just say?” So I repeated it slowly, trying to get calmer.
“Who and how did they find out?” She asked the question as if I had told her I had magically found a boyfriend.
“Well, I had a race last night and won as usual. But there he was again, I know his face. So I kissed him and got in the car, went home.”
Tory said, “Now, maybe you can have friends and stop being a recluse.”
She starts the car back up and starts driving. “And you don’t know for certain. You look different when you’re all pumped up before and after a race, so you might want to remove your contacts before we get there.”
I only then realised the reason my eyes were irritating today was because I forgot to take my contacts off. I finished taking them off as we arrived at school. Tory parked in the parking lot and I get out. She tossed the keys to me, and as I’m not good at sports, I miss.
[I] Maybe Six is good though. Maybe I should act more like her.
Tory said she was going to the gym and I picked up the keys, and threw them back to her.
“The gym’s a long way away.”