Chapter 1

Cole

He was staring out the window when the teacher came in, along with a boy Cole has never seen.

The boy's platinum blonde hair shone against the sunlight which caught Cole's attention.

The boy was rather tall compared to himself and extremely slim for his age. He looked completely underweight.

Despite the fact that the boy towered over everyone in the class, Cole noticed that he looked so fragile and the baggy clothes that he wore only made him look more so.

What struck Cole was the broken look in his eyes. They looked so lost and helpless that it hurt him to look at them.

He knew that he shouldn't meddle with others but he couldn't help himself. He made a silent vow that he would help the boy at all cost.

He knew what it felt like after all.

The teacher cleared his throat, "Students , we have acquired a new student for our class. I hope you would treat him kindly and as one of your own," All the students in the class rolled their eyes at that request.

The teacher then turned to the boy with an expecting look, " Would you like to introduce yourself?" He asked and the boy stared back at him.

With a nod, he turned to the white board and picked a marker from who knows where.

In clean and neat strokes, he spelled out something.

My name is Zane Julian. It is a pleasure to meet you all.

Zane turned to face them again and bowed deeply. The teacher frowned for a second and showed him his seat.

Cole stared at the new kid as he walked past and sat down in the seat behind him. The boy had caught his interest, Cole had to admit and the vow he made became even stronger.

When the teacher began to call attendance, he turned to look at Zane.

With a smile, he said " Let's be friends. "

---

Hello there. This would be my second Ninjago story but you won't find my first one if you look for it.

So just to make things clear, when Zane 'talks', it will be in italic and when someone thinks, it will be like ' insert word there '

When someone talks normally, it will be the usual.

I hope you like it