Chapter 2

Zane

Zane Julian was smart. Everyone he met knew that and so did he. He knew what to do with perfection and never messed up.

Until now.

Zane stared at the boy with the thick eyebrows who had turned to face him and said three simple words.

' Let's be friends '

He could not compute on why this boy would want to be friends with him out of all people. He just didn't get it.

Zane cocked his head to the side as if to ask way and was slightly surprised when the boy's grin became bigger.

"Because you seem interesting, Pinky," He said and Zane eyes' widened slightly. Apparently the boy had noticed his bag had a pink fuzzy Keychain dangling from one of the zippers.

Zane pointed at the boy, What's your name? He asked and Cole stuck out his hand. "The name's Cole. Cole Black," He introduced himself and Zane shook his hand.

Cole jerked when Zane touched him, "Damn Pinky, your fingers are like ice!" He exclaimed, a bit too loud and the teacher turned around and glared at him.

‘’Do you have something to say, Mr.Black?‘’ He asked with a cold tone and Cole shook his head. The teacher stared at him for a moment more before he continued what he was saying from before.

Cole turned back to Zane and grinned at him. Zane honestly thought the boy was a bit messed up in the head.

But either way, Zane didn't know many people who would extend a friendship just like that. Especially to someone like him.

Maybe… he would give it a try.

Cole looked at him expectantly. Zane would have felt guilty if he didn't accept.

It was a bonus that he wanted it to happen too.

With a hesitant nod, Zane agreed.

---