Chapter 5

Zane

It was quiet when he got back to his current residence. ' Not home, never home, ' He thought to himself as he locked the door behind him.

Home was happiness. Home was the excitement Zane felt every time he built a new invention.

Home was gone.

This didn't mean Zane wasn't happy, but it didn't mean that he was either. He had to admit Cole made him more happy than not these past few days. It confused him to why the other boy would want to continue hanging out with someone such as himself.

' Speaking of hanging out..'

He looked at his phone which still had the most recent text Cole had sent on screen . Zane felt a smile tugging on his lips as he reread it, the boy always knew how to make him feel lighter. 

-Hey Pinkie, wanna hang at my place?  I need help studying, save me

After a moment of consideration, Zane typed back a simple 'Sure' and the second after, Cole had replied with a smiley face and an exclamation mark. This time, Zane allowed the smile on his face as he grabbed his shoes and made his way out of the house. 

He'd be lying if he said he wasn't a bit excited. (Just a bit, definitely. He wasn't practically jumping with joy as he made his way to Cole's place, nope.) 

He knocked on the door and after a few moments which included a loud thump and a loud exclamation, Zane found himself face to face with Cole who had a large grin on his face. "Great you're here! Don't just stand there Zane, it's freezing." To prove his point, he shivered while Zane just shrugged.

The cold doesn't bother me, Zane stated and Cole just gave him a look that practically said Of-Course-It-Doesn't. "Whatever you say, Pinkie, now get in here before my nose falls off 'cause it's cold as hell." 

Zane grinned and went in the house with Cole leading the way to his room. The two sat down and almost immediately, they fell into a comfortable conversation while Zane explained some of the topics that Cole needed help on. 

"Oh my god, you make it sound so much clearer!" Cole exclaimed after Zane finished and gave him a warm smile, "Thank you so much, man." 

And no matter what anyone claims, Zane did not feel his insides flutter. (Which is something he should probably get looked at- if it actually did happen, which it did not.) He just felt happy to be helping someone, that's all. Nothing else. 

________________________________________________________________________________Hey guys, I am so bad at this updating thing, I am hella sorry. Anyways, as you can see, I am still alive (barely) and I'll try my best to continue this. I'm trying to find a way to insert Kai and Co. but as you can probably tell... yeah, I'll figure it out later. 

Maybe.

Anyways, Halloween is coming up soon and so I say in advance, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I'll see you all later. 

Seeya. 

(Also, thank you so much for the comments and views, they are my lifelines, I would give every single one of you cookies if I could, you guys are the BEST.)