Chappy 1~

"DARWIN COME BACK HERE!!!" a 14 year old Gumball yelled. Although it was there first year in high school they hadn't changed. Not one bit.

"NEVER!" Darwin screamed back running around the house. Gumball laughed as he continued to chase Darwin. Honestly Gumball felt energized by the sudden smell of his fish friend and tackled him to the ground. By the time they crashed to the dirt the were laughing their butts off.

"DINNER!!"

Nicole yelled from the kitchen. After a bit the laughing died down.
"Coming" Gumball retorted back, snickering like a teenage girl. As a result Gumball and Darwin started laughing again.
"YOU TWO BETTER GET YOUR BUTTS IN HERE OR ELSE!"
Darwin shuddered and took his brother's hand to go inside. Gumball pouted but his face was tinted with a light red. They stepped through the doorway together and sat down letting they're hands fall apart.

-----------

After dinner Darwin thanked his mom like always before going upstairs to go play video games with his brother. Little did he know what would happen that night.

~~~~~

"HA! I win! Suck it loser," Gumball laughed. Darwin merely pouted and made a duck face. Gumball giggled making Darwin's eyes glance away. The fish's hands, which were folded neatly in his lap, tightened around each other. Thankfully, Gumball didn't notice. "Wanna play another round?" Gumball challenged with a grin. "Yes!" And I'm gonna beat you!" Darwin replied confidently.
~*~*~*~
"Look who's the winner now!" bragged Darwin pointing at the screen. "Y'know just because you win at Mario Cart doesn't mean I'm not better than you in life," Gumball said, attempting to wipe the permanent grin from his face. "Wanna bet?" Darwin asked with a raised eyebrow. (Omg Steven Universe reference) Gumball laughed remembering when he gave the same face to Larry in middle school. His dad's bald head. Once it was reduced to a snort they played a 3rd round.
~*~*~*~
"The king has reclaimed his throne," Gumball said proudly. "Oh your majesty," Darwin fake swooned, laying his head on Gumball's lap. Gumball's toes curled, and was visible since his shoes were across the room, laying askew. Darwin's face lit up like Christmas lights with joy as he sat up. An acted out, but believable yawn escaped Gumball's lips. "I'm going to bed," the blue eared boy said reluctantly. "See ya there!" came a happy, immediate reply.