1

Nadine's POV

Hi. I'm Nadine Lustre. 22 years old. I'm an actress/journalist. Though I'm an actress, I'm not all that you think. I'm a loner. I do have acquaintances, but I don't like fitting myself in. I believe in what my mama says... That  you shouldn't fit yourself in where you are not wanted. And that's exactly what I'm doing. Isolating myself in a cesspool of loneliness. I've built walls. Walls that are tall and thick enough so no one can make a fool out of me.

"You shouldn't be jotting stuff on that, Nadz... We're here. You don't have to be alone." Candice, one of my acquaintances and colleague said

She referred to my journal.

"Thanks for your concern, Endice. But I'm fine..." I answered politely

"You sure, Nadz?"

"Absolutely."

"Okay."

You might be wondering why I am like this. Well, I'm about to tell you.

A few years back in high school, I had a best friend. But she wasn't like any of my other best friends before. She and her group turned my life the other way around. They taught me how to be independent yet how to play it safe. I learned from them. But little did I know, slowly, they've become my sisters... I was being attached to them. Because for the first time in my whole horrid life, I felt like I was accepted. Finally, something incredible chose to come to me. But there were times whenever they got mad at me, but not every friendship is perfect. Until when we finally recovered from a recent quarrel, and slowly taking it back to where it was before. But then my other friends, whom I told all my feelings about, told my bestest friends everything I told about them. Well, ofcourse when you're like, pissed, you say things that just randomly cross your mind. Then those friends misinterpreted what I told them and told my bestest friends a false statement, therefore ruining my friendship with one of those bestest friends of mine. She shouted curses in my face in front of a lot of people. She bumped me on purpose whenever we crossed paths. She would always find ways to make me guilty for something I didn't do which makes me cry. Whenever she saw me turn red, sob, and cry, she would roll her eyes reluctantly as if saying I deserve it. Those friends that said false statement said sorry... I forgave them. The  girl who was mad at me (who was my former best friend/sister) made a buzz in social media. I didn't want my mom to worry, but eventually I couldn't keep it in and I would explode or something, so I told my mom everything. She helped me a lot to build myself back up again. She helped me build my walls. She was by my side whenever that girl made a move.

And there came my loneliness... That girl crushed me into oblivion. I was broken.

"Nadz..." The director, Joy, who was also one of my acquaintances, said

"Yeah?" I replied

"I'm gonna partner you up with someone"

I was shocked. Amused. Surprised. But moreover, only this came out of my mouth

"Wait, what?!"

"Nadine, this whole thing won't work if you're alone. The board said that it would be better if we turn it into a rom-com, which is originally what we are supposed to do. Nadz, you need to get over your anxiousness. Mingle. Have friends. Times before are diferrent from times now. And if someone tried to do that to you, you can sue them. If you don't, your fans will kill them." Joy even joked

"Plus, we already found an actor who's a perfect match for you" Joy added

"Who?" I asked

"Meet him tomorrow"

"Fine."