13

So I know what you're feeling right now. "Finally author updated!!!" Well, I told you that I was just waiting for your actions. Once that the "ransom" I was asking from you was given (lol), I updated to chapter 13, as promised. Pleasure doing business with you, readers. I really really hope you like this chapter because it's a chapter where you actually put your hands in. I hope this meets your satisfaction. To balance off what you did for me, I won't ask anything from you in return to update to chapter 14!! I hope you guys like this! Luv yahh!
•babyniley•

I'm in love (Part II)

James

"I love you..."

There was a short short silence

"Nadine?" I ask

She ran. She ran away from me. I knew that this might happen. But I haven't quite thought this through. Ugh! Screw that word vomit! I might've just ruined my chances with Nadine and our friendship.

Ugh!

I just decided to go home. The last thing I need to do now is destroy everything I have to do with Nadine.

I went to my room and threw myself in the bed, face flat. I toss and turned. I can't sleep. I turned over to the mini fridge and grabbed a can of beer. I could not have been more unsure in my life.

Hours had passed, now it's 2 am. I decided that I can't let her go. I can't. I love her and I have to prove that to her. I brought along 2 more cans of beer and grabbed my car keys.

I went to my car and drove to Nadine's place. I was in her parking lot. I grabbed another can of beer and opened it then took a sip.

I opened the gate with my keys. I know I probably don't have any right to crash her place right now. I know it's not the right time. And I know I'm technically trespassing. But I really don't care now. I'm here to fight for my love.

I texted Nadine

To: Naddie Sungit❤️

Nadine, come down. I want to talk.

A few moments later, she replied

From: Naddie Sungit❤️

Mabuti pa nga. Sige. Pababa na ko. Maghintay ka nalang sa facade.

I went over to the facade of her house and waited for her. A minute later, I can hear the door unlocking. I saw her. Her hair was messy. I know what this means. She's been tossing and turning in her bed.

She looked straight at my eyes for a moment. Her eyes were glistening. She then enveloped me in a really tight hug.
She let go.

"I'm sorry for running. I really didn't mean to hurt you. I-I was just shocked." She says weakly

Gods, what did I do??

"Shh... Hush now, Naddie. It's not your fault, Nadz. It was mine. I'm fine now. You should be." I said to calm her down and hold her close to my chest

"I don't expect you to say it back. I should've known better. I should've known that you don't love me. I'm so so sorry" I say

"No... Come in." Nadine said

I followed behind her, my eyesight getting blurrier by the minute. We sit down in her couch.

"I just wasn't prepared." She said

"Okay. Now are you?" I ask

"Are what?"

"Prepared?" She got quiet "James, you're just drunk. Have you been drinking?" She diverts

"Don't evade my questions, Nadine. Are you?" I ask once again

"You reek of alcohol, James. Why the hell have you been drinking?" She persists

"Because I'm madly in love with you! That's the reason why the hell I've been drinking!" I shouted "I love you" I say softer

Nadine bows her head

"Look at me" I say and lift her chin up. She looks at me. Her eyes look weak. I feel sorry for her. But I need answers. I need clarification.

"I love you. Now I'm asking you, are you prepared now?" I ask once again. She just turns her head but I turn her head to face me.

"I-I think y-you're just drunk, James." Nadine says

"Why are you evading my questions?" I raise my tone "Just please answer me" I say softer

Nadine sighs

Nadine

I sigh

Okay. Now I have to do this. I have to tell him. Once and for all.

"Yes, James. I'm prepared" I say

"Okay. Now, do you love me?" He asks, straight forwardly

I gulp

"Yes, yes I do love you, James" I finally say. I was so afraid of saying those words. It was consuming me whole. I thought that when I said those words, the earth would eat me alive.

He chuckles, I do so with him.

"I love you. I love you, Nadine. So much" he says and hugs me

"I love you too, James" I say to his ears