Chapter 34 True Colors

I am not just writing for the sake of romance stories but also advocating and supporting a cause like an orphanage, projects for indigent children and prevention of child abuse. I am a nurse by profession and married to a Filipino doctor here in the US. I thank my husband for supporting me in helping indigent children in the Philippines. According to census, as of May 2016, there are 1.8 million orphans in our country. Those readers who doesn't have enough cash to donate, you can help volunteer a little of your time to the orphanage areas, religious organization caring for indigent children. A great inspiration was from a boy my coworker adopt coming from a 3rd world country. The last boy to be adopted in that orphanage. The boy never speak english and was very evasive with his adoptive parents. He turns out later to be a loving man to his family, very smart and became a well known doctor here in the US.

Harold's POV

Things were going smoothly between me and Belle lately. I have so many hang up's in life, I know that. That I forgot to live life to the fullest. First, the death of my biological parents when I was a 5 year old boy, brought so much devastation and misery in my young mind. Living alone as a child brought fear of an unknown. Buti na lang mayroong religious orphanage na kumupkop sa akin pagkatapos ilibing ng parents ko. Kaya ang pinagtutuunan ko ng pansin ngayon ay ang mag donate as well as mag support ng projects for the less fortunate kids. I have an office that does follow up, allocate funds for these places. I am blessed so much na kahit hindi na ako magtrabaho ay mabubuhay ko na ang pamilya ko. The airline business is doing well. As well as the hotel business.

Belle, and I have communication barrier as a couple for obvious reasons that we came from a different background. I for one thing has a lot of baggage that Belle doesn't understand. She was born in a silver spoon. In my young boy's mind, I was 8 years old when Belle's parents adopted me, while she was 4 years old, I portray her as a princess. Hindi pwedeng mahirapan, hindi pwedeng magalusan. I can't even play with her. Inilalayo na ito ng mga yaya at sinasabing I was too rough on her. Until now I looked at my wife that way. She's like a crystal glass that I need to take care of. It hurts me when she left me going with another man? Who am I anyway. The only thing that was added to me are the billion's that was left to me by my parents. Other than that, I am the same boy, an orphan na hindi nababagay sa isang princesa. Kaya kahit na puno ang puso ko ng galit sa pag iwan nito sa akin. At the back of my mind, I'm still thinking about my princess. This left me crying when she left, a man will only cry for someone important to him. I cried because I don't want to lose my princess, I'm more concerned of her safety than my anger. I felt like I should have kept her, watched her closely. Kaya wala din akong may sinisisi kundi ang sarili ko. Na ang tanging naging solusyon ko ay ang magpakalunod sa alak at that time. I resorted to drinking, just to forget all my worries, all my devastation that another important person in my life has again left me.

Naaalala ko na naman ang time noong nasa orphanage ako. Never in a day that I don't get into a fight. It is our form of play for us boys. Kaya pag gabi, we were so tired that our young body would just dozed off to sleep. I am thankful to be brought over there at the orphanage though. I am safe, I have a roof over my head and there's always food available. I still long though for my parents touch. Naalala ko ang mga haplos ni Nanay at Tatay bago ako matulog. Kaya walang araw na hindi ako nanalangin sa panginoon na sana may mag adopt na sa akin. Until a perfect day came and I was adopted by the Perez. Belle's Aunt and Uncle. Another devastation came when they died. Looking back, I was thankful for Belle's parents adopting me. I was too evasive of their attention, of the care and love. It is not too late though to rebuild my relationship with Belle's parents now. I started to exert extra effort in my relationship with them. Kaya lingid sa kaalaman ni Belle, I am communicating with them everyday. Whether Belle will offer herself to me or not, I am going to help Dad financially. In fact, I told Mom not to work in the US but just focus in taking care of Dad. As the music were playing at the background, True Colors which reminded me of my childhood and my present life with Belle.