One

Before this starts, check out the fancy font I put on the cover *pats self on the back* I have a few stories on here already and I just figured out I could change the font and how so yeah that shows how slow I am. Anyway I'm sorry to rant, enjoy the story! <3

Black. It was consuming everything around me. I was turning around, looking every which way but say nothing but a black obeys all around me. Falling to the ground, my breath getting shorter, more sporadic. The black was consuming the oxygen, my lungs screaming for it to give it back. I needed air, not the black smoke surrounding me. I tried to stand, but the ground disappeared. I was falling further into the black, unable to stop or escape. With nothing but black in my lungs I was unable to scream. I shut my eyes, trying to find a way out. And then I made contact with the softest material I've ever felt. I'd fallen onto something, opening my eyes to see it was a pure white, completely untouched like newly fallen snow. I looked around, seeing the entire ground was the same fluffy white material. I felt like I was on the clouds. The sky was the most beautiful blue, fading into a darker shade. Once it was a beautiful night time shade, the stars broke through, shining brighter than I'd ever seen. They were twinkling lights, bright and beautiful in the contrastingly dark sky. I closed my eyes, taking in the pure and relieving air around me. It was cool and refreshing, replenishing my lungs. It was so serene, so relaxing, I felt like I could get lost in it.

Beeeep... Beeeeeep... Beeeeeeep... Beeeeeee- click.  (A/N OK so when I typed this on a document the font size of last sentence of the first paragraph like got smaller and it looked cool and then the font size of this sentence was supposed to get bigger but like it didn't transfer over to wattled but anyway I'm sorry to interrupt continue)

I turned over to see the time on the alarm. 6:30. Thirty minutes to get ready. Crawling out of bed and down the hall, I got in the shower. The warm water felt nice falling down my back, waking me up a bit. I closed my eyes for a moment and enjoyed the peace of it. Once I stepped out dried off, I studied my body in the mirror. I've been told I'm pretty scrawny and thin, but I don't see it. There's loads of fat on my stomach, thighs and biceps. My hip bones are still quite hidden, along with my collar bones, and I can't even see my cheekbones.

Nonetheless, I pulled on a pair of black skinny jeans, which were a blessing and a curse, as they made me look skinnier but feel fatter. I finished it with an MCR t-shirt and trainers. I finished by straightening my hair, as I looked like a hobbit if I didn't, and looked in the mirror again. The shirt hid the fat on my stomach and arms well enough, and the jeans made my legs look a bit better. Black was meant to be slimming, right? I grabbed my bag and phone and proceeded out the door.

Headphones in, volume up, I ignored the world around me. Cars drove past, peopled walked along and talked, but I kept my head down and my music loud. It was a good way to stay isolated, to keep myself away from everyone else. I must have been too caught up in trying not to be seen by anyone that I forgot about them altogether, as I found myself running into someone and landing on my arse. God dammit, could I just not fuck up for one day?

"Woah, watch where you're going," I heard someone say. I looked up to see a guy with a haircut similar to mine, but with a blue fringe. He had gauges, snakebites, and I could see a couple tattoos on his arms. He was the definition of a stereotypical punk. He didn't seem too angry that I'd ran into him, just a bit annoyed.

"Y-yeah, I'm sorry..." I said as I stood and quickly ran off, not wanting to associate with anyone more than I needed too. After rushing to school, I slowed once I had made it there. Though it was typical of a teenager, I hated school. Every last bit of it. I hated the teachers, the classes, the homework, the whole shabang. But I think my least favourite part was the students and the way they always pushed me around and beat me up. No matter, I walked in and tried to quickly make it to my locker to dispose of my books. I looked around as I was speed walking down the halls,seeing all of the students either talking to each other, walking to class, or making out. Typical.

At my locker, I dumped the books I didn't need for my classes before lunch and hurried to my homeroom. I safely made it to class without being pummeled into the lockers. That was why I was usually late to classes, as I was always getting beat up and couldn't exactly hurry to class with a bruised side. Either that or I was way early from sprinting down the halls to avoid the beatings.

I was snapped out my seclusion by someone dropping their books on the table, right next to me. I was startled and confused- no one sat with me. Ever. Hesitantly I looked up and saw a familiar set of tattoos and piercings. Then I realized it was the punk I ran into earlier. It wasn't until know I noticed his blue eyes. They were so... beautiful, like the ocean. You could drown in them. I didn't know he was in my homeroom? He was probably here to beat me up since I didn't give him the chance to earlier. I soon realized he was talking.

".... and you just ran off, so I wanted see if you were alright." He was sitting next to me now, one arm resting on the back of the chair. I studied him for a minute, seeing no hint of sarcasm, and nodded.

"Alright then. Must've been in a rush then to have run off, huh?" All I did was nod. He gave me a quizzical look before saying, "what's your name?"

"Dan," I responded meekly, surprised he even heard me.

"Well, Dan, I'm Phil." He said with an outstretched hand. I shook my head- I hated handshakes, or any physical contact with someone I barely knew.

"Not one for handshakes? Alright. Though if I'm going to get to know you, you're going to have to contact with me at some point," he said with an almost determined look. "Get to know me?" I thought, only to realize I had said it out loud.

"Yeah, you know, like a friend? Amigo?" I knew what he meant, just not why. But I didn't have to ask before the teacher walked in and started talking right away. I immediately started talking about the upcoming assembly and other news I didn't care about. That was until she mentioned something about an art show, in which my head shot up and I was caught on every word. She said that anyone was able to enter, and they could create anything they wanted. The only rule was that it had to be school appropriate, and the deadline was on Monday, three weeks from now.

I had a big smile on my face and was quite exciting for the assignment, and Phil must have been able to tell, because he lent over and said, "you must be into art, huh? You seem pretty excited about this art show." It was then that I slowly let my smile fade and sank back into my seat.

"Hey, what's the matter?" He had a slightly concerned but mostly confused look on his face. I shook my head right before I heard the bell for first period ring. Quickly grabbing my bag I jumped from my seat and ran out of the room, avoiding a beating yet again.

Hey! How are you? So this is the beginning of my story For Phil. I'm too sure what I think of it and stuff, and I was pretty reluctant to post it, so any feedback would be amazing and much appreciated <3 I hope you are well and safe and happy, you deserve all the happiness in the world <3 Thank you and goodbye! ^-^