Three

"Is this alright?" Phil said as we approached a starbucks. I nodded, letting him lead me inside and taking my order before having me sit and wait while he ordered our drinks. I still wasn't quite sure what to think of him. He was definitely attractive... but what am I thinking? That doesn't matter. And it's not like he'd ever want to be with me like that anyway. What are we anyway? Are we friends? Acquaintances? My thoughts were yet again interrupted by the tall punk I had found myself thinking about.

"Here we go," he said as he set out coffees down and slid into the seat across from me.

"Thank you," I said, realizing he'd probably have to have super hearing to hear me as I had spoken so quietly.

"No problem," he said, a permanent smirk glued to his face. "So, tell me about the mysterious Dan Howell that runs to school, gets beat up in the halls, and is shockingly thin?" His words made me do a double take. I had only known him for a day, yet he already knew about me getting beat up and my thin state. I swallowed harshly, my mouth suddenly dry. I couldn't tell him anything else, I couldn't let him know too much about me.

He must have noticed my shocked and nervous state, because the next thing I knew he was waving his hand in my face to get my attention and apologizing.

"Dan? Listen, I'm sorry, that was probably a bit harsh. I've got an awful sense of humor, but I just really want to get to know you more." His eyes were comforting and I felt eased a bit.

"Um, well, like what?" I said with my quiet demeanor.

"Well, what do you do outside of school?" He said with a bigger smile, I guessed because I said more than two words.

"Well, um, I d-draw, I guess..." I said before taking a sip of my drink.

"Woah, cool. Are you any good?" He seemed so interested, but I couldn't tell if it was genuine or not.

"Um, a little.." I had been told my drawings were pretty good, but I don't really take any compliments from my mum or grandma as completely true.

"You should let me sometime," he said with a smirk, implying we would meet again.

"O-okay," I said, realizing I was blushing slightly. Why was I doing that?

"You look cuter when you blush," he said. I was looking down, but I could hear the smirk in his voice. Wait, did he just call me cute? No, he couldn't have.

"Hey," he started. I looked up and he looked like he was contemplating what to say, or if to say anything.

"Yeah?" I said, trying to urge him on.

"Would you rather eat a cat, or fuck a duck?" He said, a grin on his face. I was confused and taken aback, but let out a laugh. He seemed pleased with my laugh, and let out one of his own. "Seriously, which would you rather do?"

"You couldn't have a reasonable answer for that," I said at a more normal volume.

"You have to answer."

"Um.. eat a cat? No! I can't," I said, laughing more. We were soon both letting out loud laughs. After a moment we were calmed down, both with smiles on our faces.

"You're really fun, Dan," he said, and it sounded genuine.

"You're pretty cool yourself," I said quieter, blushing. We sat there for a while, exchanging a few words regarding school and such. I learned he had a brother in college, and his dad was the CEO of some big company I couldn't bother to remember. I also learned about his particular liking to lions. He learned that I had a younger brother, who was about six years younger than me.