Chapter 8

I threw the apple down and ran to my bag.

"Can you help him?!," Kiki yelled.

I don't have the correct materials for the antidote! Oh my Satan. This is why I make things beforehand, but no! I decided not to-

A sudden creaking of a door snapped my back from my thoughts. "My, my. It seems that someone else has tasted the apple instead of Ms Shirayuki. At least Ms. Akemi has eaten the fruit though."

Kiki raised her sword as Mitsuhide screamed, "Who are you?!" The guard ignores him as he says out loud, "Hm. this changes things." "How could you do this?!," Shirayuki asked, running up to him. "Calm yourself, Miss. A certain someone possesses the antidote. I trust that now you'll come with me."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh! So you made it!," a certain Prince said in a high pitched voice. Currently, I was standing paralyzed in front the door to the room that contained the oh-so-kind Prince Raj. Poor Shirayuki has to deal with this guy until

"I'd have to say, it's quite a surprise. I didn't quite believe that red hair you left behind was real."

I heard walking as Shirayuki says, "Uh, so what about the antidote?" "All in good times. Just so you know, Ms. Shirayuki. The world is very judgmental. The fact that I graciously courted you and your friend when you ran away has since made me a laughing stock all over Tanbarun and in the royal palace. Thanks to you, public opinion of me has plummeted drastically, however, despite my shame the unanimous opinion is that it's nobody's fault but your own. Understand?," Raj says, snapping his fingers.

This seems like he planned what he was gonna say. Unbelievable.

"We have to wipe the filth from my good name. And in order to do that you'll have to become my concubine, along with your little friend out there. I would never dream of causing a woman embarrassment, not even a lowly commoner such as yourself. You can thank me for my generosity now," I heard Raj say. 

WHAT KIND OF PRINCE IS THIS GUY?! I MEAN, I KNOW THAT PEOPLE CAN BE ARROGANT SOMETIMES, BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH?!

"A-are you kidding me?! Will you please focus?! What's more important is the antidote! My friends are very sick and they need to have it right away!," I heard Shirayuki say.

I heard Raj reply with, "Oh, right! Of course! If you and your friend agree to my proposal, I will have it delivered here for him immediately. Or Dearest, would you prefer I give them another apple instead?"

I heard someone pick up a circular object and Shirayuki gasped. Something dropped to the ground. It rolled straight to where I presumed Shirayuki was standing. It stopped at her feet.

Raj stood up with a pleased semi-laugh and walked over to her, kicking away what seemed like an apple.

"I have to say, now I can see how truly beautiful you are. I think I should keep you very close to me." 

I heard him place his hands on my friend and the sound of someone being slapped away. Raj backed away with a gasp. By now, my eyesight was coming back to me.

"Why'd you-" "Oh. My apologies. Fine Prince Raj. Take me if you wish. But you should know what you're getting."

My senses came back to me and I smirked. "Finally." Some guards were fighting in the distance, which confused me. I got out my sword a people came into view. "Wait, stay back!" The guard next to me was knocked back along with the door.

"I object!," Zen yelled. "Way to make an entrance, Zen. But you nearly smacked me in the face!," I whispered to him. "Shush. Don't ruin the moment," he replied back with the same volume I was using. 

"You wretch!," the guard said, running forward. Zen blocked him with his sword. He flung the guard back as I kicked him towards the others, who were knocked out in front of Kiki and Mitsuhide.

"You will stop spewing such disgusting filth that poor girl's ears, you boorish pig!" Raj was standing in shock with chattering teeth and Shirayuki was running over to us.

"Zen!" "Shirayuki! Hey! mind tying this for me?" Zen raised his injured arm. "Wait, before that! What about your body? Are you both okay?" 

"I spent the last few years building up an immunity to different poisons." "You ever think about the countless times I tried those herbs just to see what they tasted like?," I said. "Yeah, but you-" 

"Ah hah! So you two were the ones that took a bite out of the poisoned apples. I just that that Ms. Akemi here was shy. Well, that was rather unfortunate. I was planning on immobilizing Ms. Shirayuki and Ms. Akemi so I could take her back home with me," Raj said with a bunch of stupid hand gestures.

"How am I not surprised that you were the one behind that bad apple?" Did Zen just make a pun?

Raj's face turned sour and he turned to us. "Best mind your manners around me. country boy. peasants like you should show more respect to royalty!"

I scoffed. "Well, pardon me, sensitive, delicate, First Monarch of Tanbarun, I mean, Prince Raj Shenazard," I said as Zen walked forward, with Kiki, Mitsuhide and I following behind.

"I'm not one for formal introductions, but," Zen raises his sword as he speaks.. "I recognize that crest," Raj said with a nervous look on his face. "As well you should, imbecile. Meet the second prince of Clarines Kingdom. I'm Zen Wisteria."

"Well, since you just spilled your identity, I guess I should too," I said, raising my sword as well, "Since you know Clarines, you should know Sauron. Does the name Akemi Sacamino ring a bell? Second princess of the kingdom, moron."

Shirayuki looked at us in shock as Raj's face turned blue. He walked backwards as he said, "Did you say prince and princess?!" 

"Zen, please. Akemi, I knew you were royalty, but Zen! Please calm down, get a hold of yourself! Wait! Do you know who I am?! What's 1+1?" I lowered my sword as Zen replied. 

"It's true Shirayuki. But I never actually thought I'd get poisoned by anyone. Much less by a half-wit prince from a neighboring kingdom. It could mean war." "And with two kingdoms that will be working alongside each other."

Zen walked forward as Raj tried to defend himself. "No! besides you-you have no proof whatsoever that I poisoned the apples." "Oh, I think we have plenty," Kiki said, still standing with Mitsuhide with a cool pose. "Yeah, we'll see what's what when we make an official inquiry, liar," Mitsuhide said. "And whoever said that we ate apples. It could have been an orange for all you knew," I said dramatically.

 "No! Please! Wait!" Raj feel backwards onto his chair as Zen walked in front of him. "Well then, why don't we make a trade, Prince Moron. If you don't want your deceptive actions to be a matter of public record, then swear you will never come near Shirayuki or Akemi again. Or even dare to say their name out loud." 

Raj tilted his head. "How do you know Shirayuki-" He was cut off by the sword that was flung in front of him by Zen. Raj fell backwards shocked and he did a roll, banging into the balcony pillars. 

That's a little harsh, I thought as I winced.

"Ok, ok! I promise! Please! Cross my heart!" "Shirayuki, surely you have a few things you'd say like to say." Zen turned his head to Shirayuki as his face softened. "If you want to complain to him or anything, you should do it now. Let it all out." 

Shirayuki nodded as Raj was looking at her in pure terror. She bent down to his level. "Here, Prince Raj." She extended a hand to reveal an apple and Raj flung his hands to his sides. "To get your strength back. Since your so shocked you can't even move. Also..." "Y-yes?" "Give Zen the antidote now!"