Chapter 2: A dangerous game

My morning consisted of the same routine; my brother yelling at me to get up and threatening to pour water on me. I did not want to wake up. I did not want to deal with shit.

Ms. Collins

Her name echoed through my head as I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. As I got out and dried off, I decided to wear something a little bit surprising today. What the hell was I doing, trying to impress Ms. Collins? Yes. I smiled at the outfit I had on

Short shorts, a tank top with a flannel button up to go with it, and of course my high tops. I decided to wear my hair down today and leave it natural; curly.

I made my way down stairs and my brother spotted me and immediately stopped me, "Woah? Why are you dressed like that?" He gestured towards my outfit, I looked down then back at him,

"What? It's not bad." He rolled his eyes, "Ok, rebel. Don't get into trouble today wearing that." I smiled at him as I grabbed a pop tart and rushed out the door to my baby; a 2010 Camaro, black with black interior, what can I say? I have a dark side. I slide into the driver side and cranked it up then headed to school.

As I rounded the corner to school, I immediately began to feel nervous. I don't know why because I'm never nervous going to school but being able to see Ms. Collins, that was another thing.

I parked in a space and got out, as I took in the cool September air, fall was right around the corner and I could not wait. That meant one more month until October, Halloween bitches. I smiled at the thought of Halloween, I hated it before but now I love it because I got to scare kids shitless for a reason!

I made my way in the school and to my locker, I opened it up and a note fell out, I looked around to see who was watching but nobody was so I quickly picked the note up and opened it,

This game you're playing is very risky, I would watch out if I was you.

What the hell? I turned it over to see if they wrote anything else but nothing. I looked around to see if anyone was looking and see if I could spot the person who left it. I took my math book out and slammed the locker a little too hard for my liking, it echoed through the halls and everyone turned their attention to me. I gave them a glare incase the culprit was watching. Everyone immediately turned back to whatever they were doing.

Whoever put this note in my locker, has a death wish possibly. Because I don't fuck around when it comes to idiots playing childish games, and what did they mean by the game I'm playing? What game? Whoever it is, better watch out.

I rounded the corner to math and I passed by the teachers lounge until I heard my name. I froze then took a few steps back and peeked my head through the door.

I seen Mr. Tim, Mrs. Lauren, and Ms. Collins. My heart started speeding up, were they talking about me? I tried to listen to their conversation,

"So, Jennifer.." That must be Ms. Collins first name, "How was your first day yesterday with Ms. Anderson?" They were talking about me!

Ms. Collins hesitated before answering, "She actually wasn't bad. She did the work and not once got in trouble." Mr. Tim and Mrs. Lauran both exchanged looks, "Really? Wow, that's amazing!" I rolled my eyes, "She must really like you then." I couldn't help but smile.

I saw Ms. Collins smile, "Yes, well, I sure hope so, I've heard some things about that girl and I would hate to be on her bad side." I tried holding in a laugh, "She is really something.. I'll tell you." Mrs. Lauren intervened, "That girl has a past and she can be very intimidating." I seen Ms. Collins face change to something I didn't recognize, "What do you mean by a past?"