Chapter 18: Forgive Me

Song^

Wrong Time by Clay Newton

After that day, I guess you could say that the rest of my senior year went good. It went by quicker than I wanted it to, but the sooner the better.

We had a new teacher for English class. He was a pain in the ass for sure. Everyone was complaining and missing Miss Collins.

I don't blame them.

I spent a good month in a half missing her, crying, doing everything in my power not to break down and lose it all. I needed to be strong. I needed to move on.

So I did.

Not in a relationship, but in life. I got better grades, friends who were there for me and everything was great.

It turns out that maybe Miss Collins and I weren't meant to be. We had our experience with each other, but it didn't work out. Faith and God, maybe even the universe wasn't satisfied with it so they made sure we were not meant to be.

Sasha came around and we started being friends. Tyler and her started dating, which shocked almost the whole school. I was ok with it, not like I had feelings for her anymore. It was just something I tried getting use to because it was weird.

Toby and Tessa still stayed strong, and I was happy. I didn't care if I didn't have anyone, as long as I had my friends, I had everything.

Shane got accepted into college, so he started going there during the night. He found a job and started making enough money to find him a place to stay. I visited as often as I could.

My grandma and grandpa started getting worse month by month. They ended up dying about a week apart. It tore Shane and I apart but we quickly moved on. We loved them and they were supportive to us always, but we couldn't live in the past forever.

As for my parents, I still didn't hear anything from them after twelve years. My birthday came and went, but never once did I hear from them. Guess they really didn't care.

It was about a month before graduation now and I was pumped up. I put in a college application for this college I've always wanted to go to and I couldn't wait to hear back and get started on my future.

I thought my future was going to include Miss Collins, but it didn't. I knew it was all too good to be true, but I dismissed the thought and continued my journey without her.

Some days I could go on without a single thought of her crossing my mind. But today, wasn't one of those days.

As I stood in line with everyone else, outside on the football field, getting ready to walk and take our seats to ensure our future. I couldn't help but think of Miss Collins.

It killed me the day she left. It killed me to know that I spent all this time, trying to get her and make her my future, to have it taken away from me in a blink of an eye. How something that you couldn't live without, suddenly vanishes from your life in an instant. I thought I couldn't live without her, but here I am, six months later, about to graduate, living life without her.

What tears me apart the most is I spent a good two months getting into trouble, stressing about this woman who I wanted to know so bad, then having her leave and take my heart with her. She was the only one who got inside my head and made me feel things I never felt. The only one who worked their selves inside my heart and decided to take it. Leaving me to try and breathe on my own without her.

As I sit here with my classmates, out on the football field in front of parents and friends, family and loved ones, I knew that my life had gotten better when I met her. But it has also took a different direction as planned. I wasn't planning on falling for her. I wasn't planning on going through hell to try and keep her safe.

Why the hell was she so special?

"Aubrey Anderson." I smiled as I heard my name then stood and made my way in front of everyone to be handed my diploma. I smiled at the principal and grabbed my diploma while shaking his hand.

I heard Tonia yell, "That's my girl!" I smiled as I looked out and seen her standing up. I waved at her then took my seat, waiting for everyone else to get theirs.

After the last person, the principal said, "Class of two-thousand and seventeen!" Everyone cheered as we made our way to the middle of the field.

Before everyone threw there caps up in the air I decided to say something, "I want all of you to know that I'm glad to be graduating with every one of you," I smiled at my classmates as I continued, "I know we've been through some shitty times," everyone laughed, "but we made it and who knows what our future holds. So let's go out there and make the future our bitch!"

Everyone hollered then someone said, "On three!" Everyone started counting down, and when we reached one, everyone threw their caps in the air and screamed.

It felt unreal to have graduated. I'm finally free and my future is waiting for me.

I felt someone hug me and I turned to see Sasha smiling, "We did it!" We hugged and Tyler came over to hug us too.

I pulled back and smiled at them, "We finally made it."

They nodded as Toby and Tessa came up. "I can't believe it! We're getting old!" We laughed at Tessa's comment. Ever since they started dated, Tessa and I have been getting close and hanging out. She's not that bad once you get to know her.

We made our way back to the crowds of people. I heard Tayler run to me and yell, "You did it! I'm happy for you!"

I hugged her and smiled, "Yeah and when you graduate, I'll be here cheering you on like your mom did." She laughed as her mom came up and hugged me with tears in her eyes.

"Oh my baby girl! You're growing up on me!" I smiled as she pulled back and looked at me. This woman was like a mom to me, and I'll treat her like one.

Shane walked up and said hi to Tonia then hugged me. "You done it, sis. I'm proud of you. Now you can go to college and pay your half of the rent." I laughed as he said that. I moved in with him when our grandparents died. He didn't live far from my school, so it was convenient.

Everyone said their goodbyes as we left.

"Does everyone want to go out and eat?" Tyler suggested as we walked to the parking lot together. We all agreed to go then headed to town.

As we were riding there, everyone was talking and laughing. I sat in the back, smiling at everyone and thanking God for my friends. Without them, I don't know where I'd be.

I came along way, and still have a longer way to go.

Even though my life has took a different turn then expected, I still thank God for sending me where I am today.

Even though I was hurt deep down, I still smiled and enjoyed life, because that's what I needed to do.

I never regret meeting Miss Collins. She showed me what life was really supposed to be like. I just wish I could of told her one thing before she left,

Forgive me, Miss Collins.

The End.

Well guys, it has come to an end!

I enjoyed writing this and it feels bittersweet to have it end.

Sequel?