Chapter 10: New Friend and A Familiar Face

It was a Friday night and I was stuck at home doing nothing. I managed to stay away for Miss Collins the whole week, which was so damn hard. But at least I still got to see her.

She made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with me. Even in class she would ignore me, but I took advantage of it, because I was still her student and she couldn't ignore me when asking questions in class. Although her expressions held no emotions when directing to me.

Which hurt.

I am still not sure as to why it had to be her.

Out of all the girls, it had to be her.

The only woman to make my heart beat quicken or make my knees weak when around her, or make my head start spinning and every word that comes out of my mouth makes absolutely no sense, which never happened to me before.

That damn woman has made me change. But I'm still the Aubrey that doesn't give a shit when needed because I can't be vulnerable around anyone. Except her. Just when I'm around her, I feel different and not myself.

I stare at my wall in my room and listen to music. I have no plans, no friends, no life. Toby is out with his family for the weekend and I'm stuck here alone.

I got a letter in the mall today stating my court trial against Sasha, which is scheduled for next Wednesday. Yay! Not.

I tried texting her and calling her to try and communicate with her so we wouldn't have to go through this, but she ignored my calls and texts.

If the bitch didn't spread rumors about us, then I wouldn't have overreacted. I do admit, choking her was uncalled for, but I lost it and that's what scares me when it comes to my anger. It gets out of hand sometimes, and I can't stop. I never killed anyone, but I was hurting people and giving them bruises or scars.

My grandparents nor my brother likes that about me, but it's just who I am. I'm more stronger than I was before, and I can easily defend myself when needed. I just wish I was this way when I met Harvey.

I push that thought out my brain and turn to the next song.

Why must I feel this way towards her? Why? I met her a little over a week ago, and I'm feeling things that I shouldn't! Not because she's my teacher, not because she's older, not because this is illegal and dangerous. But because I have a fucked up life, so what makes this woman so damn special to come into my life and mess with my heart?

I get up and walk out of my room, and make my way down the stairs. I see Shane sitting at the table in the kitchen on his laptop. Probably looking over his college shit or something. I shout out that I'm going for a walk, and grab my jacket then leave the house.

It's a little chilly out tonight, which no sense because it's Florida.

I pull my jacket over me and walk down the driveway. There's some kids playing out in the street, and there's street lights so it's sort of safe. It's not dark yet, but the sun is setting.

I make my way to the mailbox and that boy from the other day, comes over to me on his bike, "Hey again," he smiles his cute crooked smile and I can't help but smile back, "Hey bud, what are you doing out late? Shouldn't it be your bath time or something?" He laughs and shakes his head, "Nope," popping the 'p'. He looks over across the street then back at me, "Have you talked to that lady that is your teacher?" he motions at the house.

I look over and see the porch light on and sigh, then look back at him, "No. We're sort of not talking. Something personally. Hey, by the way, how old are you?"

He climbs off his bike and holds the handlebar, "I'm eleven," wow this kid wasn't that young. His voice was still high, so he hasn't hit puberty yet. He nods his head towards me, "How old are you?"