Chapter 16: Trouble

Song^

Bad Blood by Koda

I couldn't sleep last night. I didn't even bother to eat neither. I was shook up about this whole shit that I just learned and my appetite hasn't been great. Shane tried to get me to eat something but I refused. I was sick to my stomach after knowing that Harvey was Miss Collins' nephew. It was a sickening feeling that I didn't enjoy.

How could someone so sick and disturbing be related to someone like Miss Collins? It just didn't make sense. They didn't look alike, although Harvey had blonde hair, it wasn't nothing compared to Miss Collins. He didn't have blue eyes neither, but Jeff did.

Was Tyler joking with me? He couldn't have been because it didn't make sense as to why he wanted to be friends and then joke about Harvey.

Toby agreed to pick me up again this morning which I gladly accepted. I wasn't in any shape to drive.

As we headed to school I decided to tell Toby the news that I heard from Tyler. He was a little more than shocked, he had to pull off the side of the road.

He looked over at me, "What?" I nodded and stared at him as he tried processing the information. "Ok.. That's a.. shocker?" I slowly nodded and looked out the window at the trees. Toby cleared his throat and I looked at him, "So, let me ask you this.." I waited for him to continue. He stared at me for a while, "When you told her about Harvey, she didn't say anything about him being her nephew?"

I shook my head. He thought for a moment, "That doesn't make sense-" I interrupted him, "I never knew his last name and she probably didn't know who I was talking about."

It seemed like he didn't believe it. After a minute he spoke, "If she did know and didn't inform you that he was her nephew, that's pretty fucked up. You told her what he done and she didn't speak up."

I shrugged, "Ok, well she probably didn't know it was him. How many Harvey's are in this town?" He shrugged and that only proved my point. "Ok then, she didn't know."

He sighed, "You're only sticking up for her because of your feelings."

I was becoming irritated. "Toby, listen to me-" Just then my phone vibrated, cutting off my sentence. I checked the text and it was from a number I didn't recognize.

"Who is it?" I looked at the text and read it:

I hope ur aware of the time frame u have becuz time is ticking away

I looked up at Toby, "It's him." I showed him the text and after he read it, he looked at me, "How do you know for sure it's Harvey?" I stared at the phone screen for a while then looked up to meet his eyes.

"Who else would Jeff get to watch me? He obviously knows that Harvey knows me and almost everything about me." It only made sense. Harvey was once my friend who betrayed me, and if Jeff has him watching me, that's just icing on the cake on his side.

Harvey knows the school I go to. The street I live on, and my connections. But what he doesn't know is that I now know that it's him behind all this. The only question is; how do I find him.

"Aubrey." Toby's voice cut my thoughts as I looked up at him. "You need to get the police involved." Before I could protest, he held his hand up. "This is way out of our league and we're not cut out to deal with a criminal mind and his psycho son."

I can't get the police involved. I know the consequences that it'll lead to and I cannot let that happen. But knowing Toby, he's not going to let me refuse. I'll have to lie to him which I don't like doing but in this situation, I have no other choice.