Chapter 4: Naruto

Naruto POV

We arrived at the Tenchi Bridge and I couldn't tell if I was nervous or what. This might be my only chance to bring Sasuke back and find Nyuu. Hopefully, what Nyato said is true. I mean, he's my brother, he wouldn't lie to me. So, it's obviously gonna be true.

Flashback

"Where's Nyuu?" I heard myself ask.

"Naruto, Nyuu's gone," Nyato said, avoiding eye contact.

"Gone? What do you mean by gone?" Sakura asked. 

"She was taken by Orochimaru some time ago. There's no telling if she's alive or not," Nyato mumbled.

"All of this must be hard on you, you're still just a kid," Super Bushy Brows said to Nyato. Nyato tilted his head in confusion. "All of your loved ones, dying and disappearing all around you, it must be awful," Guy said, probably making things worse for Nyato.

"Oh . . . right," Nyato mumbled looking down again. He's like a puppy! You just wanna hug when he's sad. Poor little puppy.

"A . . . Puppy?"  Nyato asked tilting his head to the side. Yup, definitely a puppy.

I must have said that out loud.

"Seems accurate," Junko commented.

"I'm not a puppy!" Nyato said with a pout.

"Oh right you're a bunny," Junko yawned. Nyato's head fell in defeat and Junko laughed.

"C'mon Bun-Bun, we gotta report to the boss, remember?" the green haired girl said. Who is she anyways? I know the other one was called Lucy, but still.

"Bun-Bun?" Nyato said.

"I think The Akatsuki's Prince is a better nickname for him," Lucy said.

"Before yes, but now, he may not be the prince much longer. . . We'll die, so will the rest of the Akatsuki, but Nyato has a vantage point over all of us. And that's his stupid brother, but there's still a possibility Nyato will die . . . Unfortunately, we won't be around long enough to find out." The green haired girl said in a surprisingly calm tone.

"Don't say we'll die! If you say it, Kaede, then we will!" Lucy exclaimed.

"Oh? Right, I apologize most people like to avoid the thoughts of their own death. It is harder to avoid those thoughts for those who already know how they're going to die."

"Just shut up about our deaths already, let's go report to Leader-sama,"Junko cut in.

"Will you die by the hands of someone you care about? Or someone you betray? Possibly both, possibly neither, but one thing is for certain. . . You die before me," Kaede said. Junko glared at her and Kaede smirked.

"Come on, Nyato," Junko said as she started to walk off. Nyato stood and Kaede walked over to him.

"You'll have to pick a side eventually, Nyato, there's no getting out of that," Kaede said quietly to him, she must not of realized I could hear her.

"Family or Blood, those are your options."

End Of Flashback

Family or blood, those words have been circling my head recently. What did she mean? Ugh, it's so confusing. Since, technically speaking, those guys are the enemy I doubt they'll tell me if I asked.

Family or blood, the obvious choice is family, right?. . . But what did she mean by blood? I'll need to find out later.

Whatever, none of that matters at the moment. All that matters is bringing Sasuke back and finding my sister.

Akuma: Wow, short chapter I know and I'm sorry. (Also, sorry for taking so long.) I'm trying to get the inspiration to rewrite the first book, while trying to keep what little inspiration I have to continue this one. I just have a really hard time with this thing, because it's not really all that fun for me to write anymore. Sorry. I'm trying because I really don't want to let this go, but ya know. People lose inspiration for stuff. Anyways that being said thanks for reading!