Chapter 5: Nyato

Third POV

Nyato wasn't one to let people know what he was thinking. Though, he was still worried about what Kaede said about picking between his 'Family or Blood'. Obviously, she meant the Akatsuki or Naruto, but he didn't know who he'd pick. Logically, he should pick Naruto, but the Akatsuki raised him.

He needed to distract himself, luckily he was still in the Sand Village. Which means all he has to do if find Kitty and bug him. Nyato wondered around the Kazekage's tower before he stumbled upon Gaara's office. "Hiya, Gaara," Nyato said with a grin. 

Gaara glanced up from his paperwork, "I don't know where Kankuro is."

"You don't know that that's what I was going to ask," Nyato responded.

Gaara sighed, "What were you going to ask?"

"Alright I was gonna ask where Kitty was, but it's not nice to assume stuff," Nyato retorted. Nyato crossed his arms across his chest as he pouted.

"Then, don't be so predictable," Gaara replied, still focused on his paperwork. Nyato pouted then walked over to the edge of Gaara's desk.

"Soooo, whatcha working on?" Nyato asked. This is when Gaara gave up on his paperwork for now, it was becoming more obvious that he wouldn't get stuff done with Nyato bugging him.

"Nothing now. So, why don't you explain to me who those girls were from back when I got kidnapped? You've avoided the question every time I've brought it up," Gaara said. He might as well try to get some information out of Nyato, since he's bugging him.

"Oh, you noticed that?" Nyato said as he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "They're other members of the Akatsuki. I only went to get Lucy and Kaede because Lucy could've restarted your heart when you died, but the old lady decided to off herself," Nyato answered. Gaara was honestly surprised at his somewhat blunt response.

"How could she have possible restarted my heart?"

"I would tell you, but the Akatsuki set up rules for me since I spend a lot of time here," Nyato answered with a shrug. "Actually, I've got a question for you. Why haven't you guys arrested me?"

"Are you wanting to be arrested?" Gaara responded. Though that was a good question, unfortunately he didn't have an answer.

"Nah, I'm good," Nyato responded. Gaara found it weird how he was being more serious than usual, but he wasn't planning on saying anything.

"Hey, Gaara, do you have anything you need me to do?" Kankuro asked as he walked into Gaara's office. Nyato face lit up instantly and he ran to hug Kankuro, while squealing, "Kitty."

"Yeah, babysit Nyato while I do paperwork," Gaara responded. His brother should spend time with his boyfriend. He was also done dealing with Nyato.

"Thaaaanks," Kankuro muttered as he walked off, dragging the blond boy with him.

Kankuro went to a workshop sort of room. It had all sorts of random puppet parts hanging from the ceiling or on shelves. "Don't touch anything, don't do anything," Kankuro said and he pulled out a seat for Nyato to sit in.

Nyato sat down, but he continued to look around the shop in awe. "Sasori's stuff wasn't nearly as cool as this," Nyato commented. Kankuro merely brushed off his comment and grabbed a few parts before he sat down. He started putting stuff together then. Whenever he got bored and Gaara didn't have anything for him to do he would put together random puppets.

Nyato watched Kankuro put the parts together with seemingly no plan in mind. He had forgotten how calming it was for him. He grew up watching Sasori do this sorta thing so it was very familiar for him. Nyato felt a pang in his chest. He had been doing good at shoving his emotions down, but he really missed Sasori. Sasori was one of the members he had been closest to. Nyato was able to shove his emotions down again for now, but he knew that later he would need to do something to get this out of his system.

Time Skip

Nyato joined Kankuro, Temari, Gaara for dinner like he usually did. Though there was none of the usual small talk Temari tried to make, it was strange. Kankuro seemed to notice this too.

"What's going on?" Kankuro asked. Temari shot Gaara a look and he sighed.

"Two more of the Akatsuki members were killed. Hidan and Kakazu, we got word from the Leaf Village earlier today," Gaara spoke.

Nyato froze. He was trying to keep his composer, but all the emotions he pushed down earlier were starting to come back up with even more emotions on top of that.

He quickly excused himself before running off. Nyato somehow ended up on top of the roof. He sat up there with his knees curled into his chest as he sobbed silently.

Akuma: Heyo, so I updated. It's a miracle I know. . . I'm going to attempt to pick this back up, but the updates are going to be really slow just be happy I'm gonna be attempting to update this thing. Anyways, thanks for reading~