Chapter 2
Encounter Parade

SHE WAS STILL in her appalled state when a voice was heard...

"What a chicken? Ish—that rude rodent." I heard a familiar angelic voice, not far away from where I was standing.

Dissimilar to Mr. Pirouette's, his vocals are lighter for the ears. Reagan has this distinct huskiness that is far from this one. The said sound came from my back. What I meant was that both of their articulation are pleasing in their special way.

Lucius? Or did I hear it wrongly? I turned to specify my hunch, things are getting pretty strange in here.

This day is already the weirdest of all. My idols are randomly popping out of nowhere like mushrooms. He appeared younger than how Reagan was. He had rounded eyes with the pigment like that of mud and yet they constantly twinkle as the stars do so. His dashing hair of crow black hue sashayed along with the wind, astounded me with every flick. With crystal-white teeth glinting, dimples showing, and eyes disappearing whenever he smiles.

Unlike Reagan, he was wearing a more casual attire, moreover Reagan has this certain aura that nobody can hold onto.

A linen polo shirt acquainted with faded ripped jeans and a pair of Field Trekker from the Timberland collection was modeled by this guy right here.

First, Reagan. Or should I say, Mr. Pirouette? I did not expect him to be Aunt Amelia's son, nor be one of my dorm mates.

I was quite too shocked to even think. No, let me rephrase that, I'm totally startled added with a pinch of salt on my somewhat wound.

I was actually anticipating someone else, not my damned idols. I thought that they may have the same surnames but the world is too big for that and to my surprise, it is not.

But what alarmed me, even more, was his behavior. That despite his good attributes, there lies a horrible monster. A lion that cannot be tamed at all costs. A beast that is not in need of a Beauty.

Second is, Lucius. What's wrong with me? Am I still dreaming? Am I still sound asleep on my comfy bed? Am I? Is he another anomaly? Is he another version of Satan? Does he have the same attitude as Reagan? Birds of the same feathers flock together, right?

I actually can't tell. His phrases might be part of another play-acting to save his name. However, it is wrong to judge others with or without proof. Well, all of that was just what if's, no biggies.

"You're presumably not, m'lady," he mumbled nonchalantly as if answering the question whether was I dreaming or not. "And I did not read your brain, silly. It's just that, you're way too obvious," he continued. "Hey. Still not sinking in?" The crevices on the corners of his lips deepened as he flashes another snicker. This scenario seemed like it came straight from a Teen Fiction story.

When earlier, only the bed was pulling me? Now there's brother Cloud Nine tugging me towards his stead. It's as if bolts of lightning from Zeus are striking me one by one. The cool breeze brushed my nape as I feel insects swarm around my tummy.

"No?" I replied, somehow asking, with my eyes still trying to adjust, brows furrowed against each other, lips are stuck out as if solacing with my thoughts.

My brain cannot decipher what's emerging beyond its understanding. Awareness of things suddenly evaporated like water in a really hot weather.

"Don't worry about that dude. Daren's normally like that, and when I say normal, I mean it." He then chuckled in euphoria, with his eyes vanishing into a thin line.