Chapter 4
Unforeseen Events

THE HINT OF sunshine came dashing through her window...

Just like that, it's already 5:00 in the morning and it is time to get ready for classes. I felt some excitement lingering through my veins for the thought.

I can't imagine that it is already the day that I've been waiting for. This feels surreal for some indefinite reasons. This weirdly gives me the tingling sensation from butterflies.

'Am I that of a cringe?' I asked myself as I stare at my reflection in the enormous bathroom mirror.

I began with my daily routine, worrying about normal issues.

With the help of a wet towel, I dampened my foot and continued up until it reached my face. When I was done moisturizing, I twisted the shower handle and enjoyed the cold, rain-like drops. I like this better than the one at our house, which if I'm not mistaken, can tear off your skin because of the hard pressure. Plus, I love the rain, so that's additional points!

'Issues, huh? That's rather deep...' I thought while I was lathering a foreign brand of shampoo on my palms. The scent of peaches and berries lingered within my sense of smell as I hear the trickling water from the showerhead.

As I was waiting for a minute to set the said shampoo, I started pouring the body scrub on my personalized raccoon loofah.

'Ain't I too obvious? What can I do? Raccoons are too cute to be ignored.'

Well, that went pretty defensive. You can just say that I love raccoons. Why do I adore so many things? Welp, these can always add flavor to my everyday—boring but satisfying life.

When I was finally done scrubbing every part of me, I walked towards the wooden cabinet where the towels were. Guess what the design is? Of course, it is a black, gray, and white creature.

Oh! I almost forgot about Daren who's still snoring up 'til now. When I'm already more or less done with my locksteps.

I went to the walk-in dresser and grabbed the uniform that came from the school laundry facility. The higher-ups believed that doing the laundry service for the students will convert the time for chores into more duration for learning.

Wearing a sky blue blouse under a navy blue vest, paired with a knee-length checkered skirt, twained with black oxford shoes and white knee socks, I looked at the whole body mirror, marveling at the sight of the well-matched outfit. I was circling like what models do at ramps, though not as elegant.

It is usually hot in our country since it is a tropical one, however, the breeze is cold and fresh in the provinces because of trees— and that was too much information!

The look is almost good enough but because of my super fair skin, it became such an eyesore. Same as my height. How can life be so unfair?

"Quite fitting." I almost jumped out of shock because of that particular baritone voice.

'Was that Daren?' I asked inside my head, in case I was being delusional.

"What did you just say?" I asked, cheeks of beet root, for I heard it clearly but refused to appear like it.

"Nothing. I said you look terrible, like witches. Don't forget the 'quite fitting for a bantam'."

He even added a last remark and the last part of his sentence was inaudible and was foreign to me therefore, I was not able to catch up with it.