Chapter 1

Miranda P.O.V. - 5:30 am

  Good morning world. Waking up to my daily routine of 16 years. Wake up, brush my teeth, shower, wash my hair, blow out hair, weigh myself, chart it down, get dress. Take 2 or more protein pills then needed & by 6:55 am I'm off to my effortless breakfast of an Granny Smith apple & warm water. Hmm, sounds like the life, right?

  Well, this is the life of a pageant girl. I've been in pageants since I was able to take one step. My mother says I was an "advance" child, so I started earlier then most, meaning 2 years of age. My mother forces me into working out, eating healthy, & taking these awful protein pills. I've been a vegan like forever now. I've been very tempted to break the rules. But, I'm sure mother will find out eventually..

  Looking at the clock, it's almost time for mother to come out of her room & check my chart. Here we go.. Mother walks out of her room wearing a purple silk flowing gown that drags on the floor & sweeps our spotless floors. She walks up to the table & just grabs my chart without even saying good morning. After staring at the chart she stares at me. "Miranda, baby. I thought you were going to loose 8 pounds this week. Why does it only say 7 were lost?" I look down at my lap, ashamed of my failure once again. Why can't I do anything right? "I'm sorry mother. I will try better next time." Well, I shouldn't of said that because mother wasn't happy at all with that comment. "You won't be trying, you will. There will not be a next time for this failure. Do you even want to win Ms. California again this year? If you do you need to put in the work."

  She goes into one of the deep pockets of her gown & pulls out 3 protein pills & hands me them. Taking away my apple, but leaving me with the warm water. "Take these, you will not have any solid foods this week until you loose the weight you were expected to." Well, I guess I should take the grapes out of my bag for lunch. Wow, the perks of being perfect for the pageant..