Chapter Twenty-Two

~ Ariel's Outfit Above ~

I jolted awake shooting up in bed as I heard loud banging on my bedroom door. I was clinging to my tank top and blanket with my heart going a mile a minute.

"Hey!" I heard my dad shouted through my door. I whipped my head toward the door as he continued banging harder, then yelled, "Get up Ariel!" I had a confused look on my face. Our dad never woke us up for school,

at least not me.

"You're going to be late for school you little bitch." He yelled as I turned my head over to my clock reading: 7:55AM, then sighed. Adam and I were both going to be late.

"I'm getting up!" I shouted back whipping my covers off, "Is Adam awake yet?!" I asked as I swung my legs over, sitting st the edge of my bed.

"You're stupid ass of a brother already left?" He answered. My eyes widen in shock, "Have fun walking to school brat! No way in hell I'm driving you!" He added yelling, then I heard footsteps storming away from my door. I sat on my bed think about Adam.

He was so mad at me from last night that he left for school without me, I thought, he didn't care if I missed school.

I sighed dropping my head, and just sat there...

Fifteen minutes later, I heard a car engine start and looked out my window seeing my dad leaving for work. Once his car was gone, I finally jumped out of bed and got dressed for school.

I threw my hair up into a ponytail and grabbed my shoulder bag before glancing over at my clock next to my bed.

It read 8:20AM.

I sighed.

Geez. Thanks Adam!,  I thought, then headed downstairs. I ran into the kitchen and grabbed something quick for breakfast before heading out the front door.

I stepped outside and turned to lock the front door. I yanked on the handle making sure it was locked, then turned around flickering my eyes up. My eyes immediately widen when I saw none other than Kian, leaning beside the hood of his car parked on the street in front of my house. His eyes were locked on me as he stood there with his arms crossed in front of his chest and one foot crossed in front of the other. I glared at him.

He was the last person I wanted to see right now.

I growled under my breathe, then rolled my eyes as I walked off the front steps and began walking diagonally over to the sidewalk, ignoring Kian.

"Ariel!" Kian yelled as I heard fast pacing footsteps coming up behind me, "Ariel stop!' He demanded grabbing onto my shoulder and spinning me around.

"Leave me alone!" I snapped at him, tightly my grip on my shoulder strap. He stared blankly at me, taken back by my sudden outburst, "What are you doing here anyway?" I asked after a minute, "How did you know I'd be home?" I added crossing my arms in front of chest and glancing down to the ground.

"A-Adam?" He spoke, "I was talking to him this morning and he said you were home sick." He explained. I scoffed rolling my eyes.

"I'm not sick. Adam left without me this morning." I corrected him.

"Oh." He replied quietly. We both looked away from each other for half a minute, "Ariel about last night." Kian began to say as he turned his head to look at me again, "I-"

"Don't." I interrupted shifting my eyes up to his.

"Just let me explain Ariel." He begged. I thought for a second, then nodded for him to continue, "That spot was the guys and I's hang out sophomore year. We would go there at night to get away for a while." He explained. I blinked my eyes at him before he continued, "I didn't think they were gonna show up cause we haven't been there in months." He paused for a moment, "It's one of my favorite spot on the beach and I wanted to share it with you." I smacked my lips together trying to hide my smile as my heart lifted a little when he said that last sentence.

"That's sweet." I commented, a grin escaping my lips, "But how do I know you're not lying?" I asked  whispering, still unsure it he was telling the truth. He sighed shaking his head, then touched my arm and ran his fingers down to my hand as he whispered.

"Why would I lie to someone I love?"