Chapter Thirty

This was the last thing I wanted to do after today, but I had to know who's been texting me for months. If I didn't go, whoever this was, would kill Adam.

As I drove into the parking lot, I looked around for another car. There was no one else here, but me. I glanced at my clock as I pulled into a parking spot. It read 8:57PM. I was only a few minutes early, but I expected to at least see another car round. I let out a deep breath, then with shaky hands, opened the car door. I speed walked to the gazebo, but I kept turning my head around, making sure whoever this was, wasn't gonna catch me off guard.

As I walked a little closer, I could make out a tall black figure, standing under it. I was still too far away to see who it was. I locked my eyes on them as I took a deep breath again.

"Ariel! A familiar voice called from behind us. I spun around and gasped wide eyed.

"Kian, what are you doing here?" I whispered, walking up to him.

"Well, I went to your house so we could talk." He admitted, "And I saw you leave."

"So you followed me?" I asked, crossing my arms in front of my chest. He nodded, "You can't be here right now, Kian. It's not safe." He gave me a confused look.

"What do you mean not safe?" He questioned as my phone beeped. I sighed taking my phone out, "What's going on, Ariel?" My eyes widen staring at the lock screen. He quickly noticed the worried look I got, "What is it?" I flickered my eyes up to him, then showed him the text.

I see you, Ariel.
- (415) -628 -5382

"Who is this?" Kian asked, looking at me as my eyes fell to the ground, unsure what to tell him, "Ariel," I looked up at him again, "Are you in trouble?" He asked in a whispered, touching my arm. I sighed, then told him about the texts I've been getting from this unknown number and about how I was at the park to met them.

"And you were meeting this person alone?" I questioned, and I nodded yes. He huffed at me, then took my hand into his, as he shock his head, "Not anymore." I opened my mouth to protest, but it turned into a smile.

"Thank you." I spoke, then looked behind me, "They're over there." I said, looking at the shadow figure. Kian's eye followed mine, then took a deep breath himself before we walked over together. We stepped in front of the gazebo and stared at them as their back was turned to us.

"I'm here," I said in calm voice, trying to be brave. I had no idea what to except, "Now who are you?" I asked. There was a pause, then they slowly turned around. My eyes widen, my mouth dropped open. I felt Kian tense up next to me, his eyes glaring at-

"Ricky." I spoke. He chuckled at me, and crossed his arms in front of his chest, "W-Wh-" Before I could get out whatever I was trying to say, Kian broke away from me and stormed over to Ricky.

"What the f*ck man!" Kian shouted, shoving him back. He hit the wood railing as Kian continued as I came into the gazebo too beside him.

"You threatened to kill my brother, you asshole." I said, glaring at Ricky as he pushed himself off the railing. He chuckled grinning at us, "It's not funny. I thought you were-" I quickly stopped myself from saying his name.

The thought of him, sent chills down my spine.

"Why would you freak her out like this?" Kian asked, his voice still a little loud.

"Because it's fun." He answered, smirking at us, "And because I suspected something was going between you two. I thought I would use that number we used to text her with and make her think it was you stalking her, at least the first time." He explained, "Then after that, I was just wanted to scare you a little bit." Kian and I just stared at him in disbelieve.

This whole texting thing was just a stupid game to him.

"You really are an asshole." I spoke after a long period of staring at each other. He sighed, his eyes glaring at me.

"And you better be done messing with her," Kian warned stepping toward him, "Or else you're gonna be answering to me." I glanced at him in surprise. He had never stood up for me with any of the guys before. I watched as they starred at each other for what felt like hours.

"Since you showed up," Ricky finally spoke, his eyes shifting over to me, "I'll keep my end of the deal and not tell the rest of the guys about you two." I sighed grinning at him as a thank you. I knew Ricky was far from my friend, but right now it felt like he was.

"Are you ready to get out of here?" Kian asked, taking my hand into his. I nodded, then he glanced at Ricky one more time before we stepped out of the gazebo.

"But!" Ricky called out, making us stop in our tracks and looked at him, "I suggest you tell them soon." He continued, "Before they find out a different way."

"You just said you wouldn't tell!" I shouted back.

"I said I wouldn't tell the guys." He corrected, "Never said I wouldn't start a rumor." Kian's grip got tighter around my hand as he tensed up, "Tick Tock, guys." He added smirking at us. We both glared at him, but Kian growled under his breath and looked like he was going to lunge at Ricky.

"Let it go, Kian." I quickly said, pulling him along with me, "He's with worth it. He's just trying to push our buttons." He looked at me, then at Ricky one more time before we walked away, leaving the park.

Forty-five minutes later, I got back to my house and pulled beside the curb, parking my car. I shifted my eyes to my review mirror, seeing Kian pulling up behind me in his jeep. I stared for a moment, then got out of my car as he did the same.

"You didn't have to follow me back home." I told him, walking up to him.

"I wanted to you got home safe." He said shrugging his shoulders, then out his hands in his front pockets. He smiled at me, then walked with me to my front door as he continued, "And I really walked to talk to you about... what Connor told me. I-"

"Don't," I said cutting him off, facing him as we stood on my front step, "I'm sorry I demanded you telling me earlier. Whatever he told you should stay between you and-"

"Connor's gay!" He blurted out. My eyes widen in shock. I definitely didn't except him to say thing, "That's the secret he told me. He doesn't want anyone to know tho. Especially Jc and the guys. At least not right now. It's still all new to him." He explained.

"And now I understand why you couldn't tell me," I nodded understanding, "He obliviously trusts you if he told you something so vulnerable. I'm sorry I pressured you to tell me."

"It's okay." He replied, then took my hand into his as I stepped closer to him.

"I promise I will never doubt you again." I whispered, "But next time, let's talk together and make a decision together. Okay?"

"You have my word." He whispered back, as I smiled at him. We stared at each other for a moment. Before I knew it, we were leaning in for a-

"Where the hell have you been!" An angry voice shouted as the door flew open. My whole froze, my eyes widen in fear.

My dad was standing in front of us,

And he did not look happy.

*

*

*

*

*

HEY GUYS! HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE LATEST CHAPTER!

NEXT NEW CHAPTER COMING NEXT WEEK!