Chapter Twenty-Nine

It's been a couple days since Kian told me that Connor knew about us. He also told me he had a plan for the situation but hadn't told me what it was exactly, which worried me.

The bell rang for lunch, and I was making my way to the cafe alone when I felt someone grab my arm and pull me into an empty classroom.

"Kian!" I yelled assuming, but when I turned around to face them, I came face to face with Kian...

and Connor.

My mouth dropped speechlessly, my body froze still. He didn't do what I thought he did.

"Kian told me about you two," Connor spoke with a blank stare before I could say anything. My eyes immediately glaring over at Kian.

"Really? This was your plan?"I questioned him,"Telling him the truth."I angrily added gripping my backpack strap tight. He shattered our secret romantic. Connor knew, which meant it wouldn't be long before Jc and the other guys knew as well.

"Ariel, I know you're mad, but just listen for a second." Kian pledged, but I didn't want to hear it. I scoffed at them, then turned around and headed for the door.

"I'm not going to tell anyone!" Connor shouted as my hand touched the door handle. I paused, then looked back at them, well mostly Connor.

"Really? You expect me to believe that!"I snapped at Connor, shaking my head. I wasn't going to believe a single word that came out of his mouth, "Why would I believe anything you say?" I asked rhetorically.

"Ariel, he's telling the truth," Kian spoke. My eyes flickered over to Kian glaring at him. I deeply sighed angrily, my hands balled into fists.

"Why? Why should I believe him?" I asked shrugging my shoulders, "For all I know, he already told the guys and there's waiting right outside this door for me." I added getting more upset that Kian told him without talking to me first.

"Just trust me." Kian replied, which just made me scoff at him. I trusted him to fix this situation.

Not make it worse.

"I did  trust you." I said, "And you did this." I added, then turned around to leave, my hand on the door handle once again. I quickly opened the door enough, so I could slip out, then slammed the door behind me.

Storming down the hall, I couldn't help think of how mad I was at Kian. He knew how I would feel if he told Connor or any of the guys about the two of us.

Right now, I felt like he was the worse boyfriend ever.

I finally got to the cafeteria, and I spotted Adam and his friends and walked over to Bella who was sitting close to the end of the table. I dropped myself next to her and sat there quietly the rest of lunch.

<><><><><>

The rest of the day went by so fast. I tried to avoid Kian after what happened. I really didn't see him around until school got out.

"Ariel!" A familiar voice called as I headed to my brother's jeep. My head turned seeing Kian speed walking toward me. I sighed rolling my eyes as I continued to the jeep.

"Ariel! Wait!" He shouted running after me. I felt him grab my upper arm as he stepped in front of me. I glared up at him, watching him look around, then pull me in between two cars so none could see us.

"What the hell do you want!?" I shouted at him, ripping my arm out of his grip.

"For you to just hear me out. Please Ariel." Kian answered, calmer than I was. I stared at him for a second, then raised my eyebrows at him, gesturing for him to keep talking. He sighed in relief before he continued,

"Look Connor's one of my best friends. We're closer than any of the other guys. He trusted me with something really personal a couple weeks ago. He doesn't want the guys to know about it yet. So I knew I could trust him with our secret." Kian finished.

"That's it?" I questioned, blinking my eyes confused, "You jeopardized our relationship because Connor told you something personal?"

"Ariel-"

"That's the dumbest reason I've ever heard." I said cutting him off, "What did he tell you that was worth your trust in him?" I asked, looking at him with disgust. Kian looked at me for a second, before dropping his head.

"I- I can't tell you." He whispered, shaking his head.

"Then we're done." I shrugged shaking my head at him in disbelieve. His eyes flickered up at me as I said,"You don't trust me, and right now I definitely don't trust you." He opened his month to defend himself, but I just walked away not wanting to hear another word from him.

I climbed into the driver's seat of my brother's jeep slamming the door behind me and just sat there for a moment before starting the engine. Before I could put the gear in drive, I heard my phone beep. I shook my head as I reached for my phone over on the passenger seat. I sighed thinking it would be Kian, but it wasn't.

It was that stupid mystery number.

See you tonight.
- (415)-628-5382

I glared at that text. I hated this. Whoever this was has been haunting me for months. I couldn't take it anymore. I didn't care anymore if they told Jc about Kian and I cause we're over.

Leave me alone. I
don't care anymore.
- Ariel

Meet Me at 9PM.
- (415)-628-5382

Go to hell.
- Ariel

Meet me or I'll kill your brother.
- (415)-628-5382