Chapter Seventeen: Maya Hunter

We are taking a road trip to Philadelphia. We stopped at a convenience store and grabbed two bags of chips and a small case of water bottles while Lucas was putting in the gas into his dad's SUV. I'm sitting in the front seat, shivering and panicking.

"Maya! Josh will be alright!" Lucas says.

"How can you be so sure?!" I ask. He shrugs.

"All I know is that we are both worrying about someone we both really care about." He says. I remember dialling Josh's number and he didn't respond. He didn't respond ten times I called.

                                          •🧩•

We arrive at Josh's parents house, where it is lead. I knock on the door.

"YOU BETTER OPEN UP! I'VE GOT A GUN!" Lucas yells.

A familiar girl opens the door.

"Missy?" I say. Lucas points the gun at her.

"Please, Lucas. Let me explain!" Missy pleads. I scoff and roll my eyes.

"There's nothing to explain! You hurt the love of my life!" He hollers.

"You hurt me!" She cries.

"You weren't and never will be the love of my life!" Lucas yells.

"Yes, I know that. And that is why I decided to do revenge. I'm working with someone but I didn't decide to kidnap those people. He did it all on his own." She says.

"Who is it?! And, why did you kidnap Josh?!" I ask. She shrugs. "He was the only one here."

"LIAR!" I scream and punch her in the face. She fell to the ground and we all run upstairs.

I hold my phone in my hand and I'm tracking where the phone is. We end up in a bedroom that turns out to be Josh's. I look around and see a guy wearing a black suit and standing beside Josh and Riley. It's Charlie Garner. Oh my God! Josh and Riley are tied together, back to back with tape on their mouths. Their eyes brighten up.

"Oh my God!" I scream.

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO THEM!" Lucas screams.

"Why not? I mean, both of you girls broke my heart so, I decided to seek a little plot I call revenge." Charlie says. Yes. Charlie and I dated. FOR LIKE ONE DAY!

"And, you think doing this, is gonna solve anything?" Farkle asks.

"You know, there is this thing where the bad guy always looses." Smackle says.

"What if I win?" He asks and grabs Smackle.

"LET GO OF HER!" Farkle screams. They end up in a fight. I see Charlie Garner drop dead. I gasp.

"Lucas! You just killed a person!" I holler.

"It's only knocked him out. They aren't real bullets. The police will be here soon to arrest him."

"Oh wait! I forgot Missy!" Lucas says. He turns around. Now she's out too.

I run to Josh and untie him and take the tape off his mouth. Lucas does the same with Riley. I kiss Josh. He let's go, breathing heavily. Riley does the same but, she doesn't stop.

"Riles? What's wrong?" I ask, freaking out.

"My water just broke." She says.