Chapter One

FIVE YEARS LATER

I trudged forward through the school hallways. Sure, I was almost to the class made specially for me, but I was tired. I had spent all night studying for a mythology test(yeah that's at our school) that I knew all the answers to first day.

"Hey!" I heard a familiar voice behind me yell. "Sara!"

I turned around to see Landon, my best friend, walk towards me.

"Hey Landon," I muttered.

"Whoa," Landon said, his sea green eyes observing my poor state. "What happened to you?"

"Studying all night," I explained. "I wish I could just sleepwalk to class, Land."

"Just relax," he said, resting his hand on my shoulder. "Remember the big thing that's happening tonight?"

I perked up then. "Oh, God!" I said in surprise. "Our first-I mean that test in Mr. Parker's class!"

I had almost said "Our first transformation!" there and blown the secret to the school.

"Come on," Landon said, ruffling my reddish-brown hair. "Let's get to class, shall we?"

When we got to the gym, we walked over to the secret doorway that was hidden in the walls.

Landon ran his hand through his spiked-up black hair, cursing.

"I always forget the pass code." He confessed.

I laughed. "You simply put your hand on the door," I explained, demonstrating this impossible task.

Landon's face turned beet-red.

The wall glowed in a rectangular shape, and a doorknob appeared.

We walked in, taking in this familiar and homely sight.

The walls were lined with bookshelves, which were full of bottles which had miscellaneous potions and plants inside, and old, dusty books and ancient scrolls.

There were desks, but they had strange marks on them, like claw and fang marks.

But lined up against the southern wall, however, were the strangest things. They were containers with grayish-colored glass and metal linings, all obviously silver, for when we had full moon classes.

"Welcome, everybody!" a familiar voice called from across the room.

We looked to see our teacher, Scott Parker, standing in front of the whiteboard. His black hair was spiked in the front, and he had the beginnings of a stubbled beard, which connected to his short sideburns.

His sister, Maddie Parker, sat in the corner on a stool, reading a Tiger Beat magazine, listening to music.

"Ah, so good to see familiar faces, class!" Scott announced. "So, today's class is all in preparation for tonight, your first transformation!"