Under the Moonlight

It was the pressure. The pressure from the match woke me up at midnight, everyone told me to rest but it was not as easy, seeing as the day after tomorrow would be—

God. I'm anxious, let's get some air.

I got out and wandered around the garden, I just could not stand still, when I saw a figure holding a long flute, it was Yoshitsune-sama.

"You're still awake?"

He uttered as he smiled warmly, yet I could tell that we were in the same position, we both felt stressed, so I decided to accompany him just as he would for me.

"I am out for some fresh air, I guess you're going out to play?"

I eyed his flute and he replied.

"You got it, and stop the formal speaking, you can be comfortable with me."

Yoshitsune then patted me in the head, everyone just treats me like a kid do they?

"Then I assume you won't mind having a glorious lady to accompany you?"

He chuckled, while I regretted how much confidence I tried to show when I obviously have none.

"Please don't treat me like a child."

I pouted and he laughed silently.

"I do not mind having a glorious lady accompanying me."

I chuckled back.

***

"We've gone quite far."

I noticed as we have gotten inside the entrance of the woods.

"No worries, we are here."

Inside the entrance of the woods was a single rock which stood under the moonlight and starry skies, it was beautiful.

"Take a seat."

He guided me by my hand and peacefully sat me in the rock and he then, followed, I sat silently as he played the melody with his flute gently, but I was reminded of Goyo, the melody, was mixed with frail melancholy.

Yet I didn't run off my mouth and waited for the melody to finish, soothing through my worries and saying hello to a good night's sleep.

Once done, I applauded.

"Amazing."

I exclaimed, he warmly smiled.

"You seem to be getting along with everyone."

Pushing his long flute aside, he started a conversation.

I mumbled in agreement.

"I am glad you are here, that you are comfortable being by my side."

His eyes glints as the moonlight reflects on it, I stared back at those eerie mirror of life.

"Deiji Kyouzeru, the heir of the three sacred treasures, holder of the power beneath it."

It was a moment of silence and I turned white, pale, sweat rolling through my cheeks.

'He knew?'

My mind went blank.

"I've been a prince of the Genji Clan for too long to not have knowledge about someone as you."

His gaze was piercing, my heart would stop any second but—

If he knew who I was, when he knew or how, I know for a fact that he risked having me.

So, I've decided, 

"I trust you."

Staring at him back, I whispered beneath the moonlight.

Yoshitsune's eyes widened but then he cracked up and laughed.

"I was not expecting that."

He silently uttered.

I stood in silence engulfed with embarrassment for some unknown reason.

"Do not fret, I have no intention for revealing, I believe it's your responsibility to do so after the war."

"After the war?"

I questioned.

"You are too welcomed to stay here, so much that I wish you do so."

I blushed and buried my head onto my knees.

"What an unfair scenario this is."

He gestured 'Why?' and tilted his head

"My whole time secret was just revealed yet I'm still getting the benefits from this. Don't you think I shall do the same?"

I pouted and turned away.

He chuckled and said as he pat my head.

"I suppose that's only the justified way."

I twirled my head and looked into him seriously.

"I attempted to avoid mentioning this to a woman, but I am anxious for tomorrow's fight.

This may seem funny, as I am a general, yet I can't help but feel afraid, I am but a mere coward, this must be pathetic to hear."

He looked so melancholy under the moonlight that I felt guilty for making him confess.

"This, may or may not help you to feel assured. But we all feel the same, everyone does, regarding of a person's rank, or every person, has to be afraid of seeing blood. You do not look pathetic, not a single bit.

A person who managed to confess to a woman his weakness was never pathetic, he's called courageous."

--I talked much and too fast, I was so into trying to cheer him up that I didn't realized I was rapping.

Yet he seemed happy, his eyes glinted and I felt that his anxiety is gone, what a relief.

"You do not know how much your words have effected me."

He smiled at me with gentle eyes, then stretches his arms, unexpectedly our hands touched

"..!!"

We both reacted the same and pulled our hands out, that was pretty awkward now wasn't it? I haven't felt Mizuki in a while.

"I.. utterly hope that you stay with us."

He whispered yet it was enough to reach my ears.

I smiled brightly at him.

"I'm forever in debt to you, so no matter."

His eyes glinted.

"You'll stay?"

I chuckled as I desperately tried to pat his head and make him the child, then horribly failed for too much height difference, so I gave up, pouted, and glanced away from embarrassment.

"Maybe."

I sulked and he chuckled as we head back to the base.

I felt at ease as Yoshitsune-san and I walked back in silence under the moonlight.

I slept with the melody of his flute in my memories.