Chapter 1 - Memories

A/N: Hi all! This is my very first fanfiction ever and I am very nervous about this. I wrote the first part of this a few years ago together with a fellow Helenaist called WitchWithB so a big shout out to her, go check her account on ff.net she writes amazing stories! English is not my native language, sorry if there are a few grammar mistakes!

So without further ado here is chapter one of this fic ENJOY!! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the past few days, Margot's life turned upside down.

"It's been a long time, eh? Hmmn...Four years..?" Said the voice that she once loved to hear in the morning.

"Four years, three months and four days." She corrected him, playing with her hair.

Johnny just sighed, looking around as the boat moved, getting away from the beautiful islands, Turks and Caicos. It all happened so fast. In at last four months his best friend died, he went against the PM, his daughter - Julianne - told him she was pregnant, he met a cute woman - which was way too young to him, though- who was his neighbour, shared a secret information, ran away - a lot actually- from his beloved England and, in the islands, he met again the only woman he actually loved, deeply loved; Margot Tyrrell.

She was about fifteen years younger than him. They first met in the MI5 HQ, it was her first day, she was in her twenties. Completely lost in the building, he thought it was a bit pathetic of her, but never said anything. His boss, and friend, tried to "hide" her from Johnny (as if it was possible!). Baron knew that Johnny was a womanizer and probably didn't wanted his new agent getting hurt. Truth must be said, she was his favourite... their favourite.

Johnny fell in love with the young bright woman in front of him, in a meeting when the boss called in the MI5 staff. And he was really surprised that she actually was very smart.

Of course he wouldn't let the chance to flirt with her go away and, with the first chance he had, he did it.

She was sitting on a chair, reading a book - Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens - not paying attention on what was happening around her. It was the lunch time and most of the other agents where off to eat. He walked to her going to stand in front of her, clearing his throat to get her attention.

Nothing.

He did the clearing throat thing again, now louder.

Nothing .....again.

Johnny frowned. 'What's wrong with her?!' He asked himself.

"You know...uh...It's lunch time...you're supposed to be eating..."

Margot's eyes never leaved the book.

"Yeah? And you're supposed to mind of your own business, Mr Worricker."

"Johnny..." He muttered, taking a step back.

"Hmn?" She frowned and looked at him.

"I..I said it's Johnny...My name, I mean...."

"I know Mr Worricker." She said softly and laid her gaze at the book again.

"That means you can call me Johnny...Margot." He said smiling softly at her, before she turn her attention to the book, which he haven't paid any attention in the name.

The woman just raised her eyebrow, "How dare he?" she thought.

"I don't think its proper call you by your first name, sir. It's a workplace, not a pub. And....It's Miss Tyrrell to you, Mr Worricker" She glared at him "Now, could you please do me a favour and leave me? You are interrupting my reading, so..."

"Oh...uhm, right." He nodded as he started to leave, but then came back. "Excuse me, Miss Tyrrell." She huffed and rolled her beautiful big brown eyes "Would you like to go out with me? I mean, as Margot and Johnny? I'm pretty sure you aren't the ice queen that you like to show to the others, right?"

Margot looked at him as he spoke. He was cute, she thought. "Hm...Ice Queen?" She raised her eyebrow. Her boss had warned her about him. Johnny Worricker. The best agent of MI5, they said. A womanizer, for sure. "All right." She smiled as she saw the tall man smile as well.

He still remembered their first date very well...

He took Margot to a little Italian restaurant called Portobello. She was dressed in a little black dress which showed her curves in all the right places and wore a pair of black high heels which he knew that they'd probably be very painful to walk with. She was so beautiful, her chocolate brown hair was locked up in a loose bun who left some few curls fall. He knew that Margot was beautiful but when she took of her coat in the restaurant, he could see her and what she was wearing his first thought was "she's perfect."

"You look so beautiful" he breathed in awe and smiled as she blushed at the compliment.

"Thank you Mr Worricker" she said as she pushed some loose curls behind her ear. Johnny smiled watching her.

"Call me Johnny, Miss Tyrrell, we're not at work"

Margot returned the smile and finally said "Well, Johnny, then you should call me Margot"

They talked the whole evening and, to his surprise, they actually got to know each other very well. Of course she knew about Johnny's affairs with women, especially the newbies. Without false modesty, she was the smartest woman in Britain and he, the smartest man.

Later, when they arrived in front of Margot's place, she kissed him on the cheek "Thank you Johnny, it was a great evening..." she said a bit nervous, her cheeks burning as she blushed "...we...uh, s-should do this more....often?"
Johnny looked at her, his eyes wide. Did she....like him? Of all the people of MI5, he thought she was the one who more hated him and his flirting way. "That's...a great, great idea Margot" he finally said, smiling "Hmn...see you at work"

Before leaving, Johnny winked and waved at her. She smiled and stepped out of the car, heading to her house, and opened the door, thinking..."Wow, what a man" she said to herself low, biting her lip and at that moment she knew she was falling for him.

Johnny was so pent up in his thoughts that he didn't notice the small smile on his face. Margot, who was shivering a bit due the cold wind on her arms, noticed it and said, after some long seconds

"What are you thinking about?"

"Hmmnn?" mumbled the man. He looked so far away from there. As if he was living another life....or another time. "Oh sorry uhm I was thinking about you, me, us and our past"

The dark haired woman smiled and hesitantly reached for his hand, nervous. What if he didn't wanted to be touched, by her? Thinking for some seconds - or would them be minutes? She wasn't sure - she eventually got over her nerves and grabbed his hand gently. He, to her surprise, didn't took off his hands. Johnny actually took her hand and put his arm around her shoulder, in a protective way. Smiling to herself, Margot laid her head on his shoulder and together they watched the islands fade away in the darkness of the night.