Bye Bye Bye

Short one shot in which Magnus gets fed up with Alec stringing him along.

xog

---

"Emotions are not feelings, They're more like symptoms." He looked into the other's eyes. Magnus walked around Alec. He snapped his fingers, noting the way Alec placed a hand on his heart. "You lose your breath every time they enter a room. Your heart beats faster when they walk by. And your skin tingles when they stand close enough to feel their breath." Magnus exhaled, a puff of blue smoke trailing out of his lips and against the shadowhunter's neck.

Alec closed his eyes, feeling the Warlock staring from even behind him. He took a deep breath and turned around, looking into Magnus' eyes.

"I know you feel what I feel, Alec." Magnus pleaded desperately, just wanting answers for the things he's been put through. Alec will be very personal with him, and then all the sudden he's this straight warrior with no emotions.

Alec looked away, before looking at Magnus again. "You don't have any clue what I feel. So back off." He spat.

A look of hurt flashed across the warlock's face, disbelief in his eyes as he looked at Alec. The shadowhunter almost regret what he said.

Alec turned, walking a few steps in the opposite direction before spinning around again. "This is all just a game to you. Isn't it? You flirt, you laugh, you use magic. But at the end of the day, what do you risk? Even if I did feel something for you, you want me to give up my life for you? I have to do what's right for me. I could lose my family, my career, everything! You just don't get it!" Alec shouted, his tone much more harsh and sarcastic than before.

When he looked up fully, it was hard to miss the look of heartbreak on the warlock's face. The way he gulped, his eyes cast down and his glitter creasing like the area around it was getting wet.

Alec felt his chest tighten when Magnus looked up at him again, tears in his yellow eyes.

"You had a choice to make, Alexander. I see now you made it. You really do want her. But before you go around on your high horse and accuse me of being less than you, think about what you did. You flirted with me. You always called upon me, there were other warlocks to do your dirty little deeds! Never once did you pay me, and never once did you thank me. I didn't have to help you, Alexander. Don't worry, your feelings for me were made loud and clear. I think it's best you go." Magnus crossed his arms, glittery tears streaking down his face.

Alec felt worse than he ever has before. Seeing such a gentle man crying over him, just because he wanted some answers. "Magnus," he began, stepping forward to comfort him.

Magnus stepped back, blue smoke erupting from his palms violently. "I said, go!" Magnus' voice broke.

It was then that Alec lost everything he had been holding in. He could see now all the times Magnus tried to show his emotions. All the times Alec talked about Lydia and tore apart the poor boy. He realized all the times Magnus had called upon him for company, and all the times Alec practically used him for it. He knew then that he had to end it with Lydia. She wasn't for him, she never was. It was Magnus all along.

So with that thought, Alec spun around. He walked speedily across the hard wood floor, and gripped the sobbing warlock by his hips. He pulled him in close, kissing him with all the passion he could muster, his fingers stroking the other's neck softly.

"I'll fix it." He promised, his love rune glowing.

"Okay." Magnus whispered, his forehead pressed to Alec as the tears dried to matte glitter on his face.