Once Upon A Promise

Prologue: Once Upon A Promise

       Book One: Opening Verse

       "PROMISE- it can either    

    shatter or mend your heart.

     When the time comes that  

     you're gonna leave me and  

start of staying, I'm sure going

                to keep mine."

"I should've known he'd leave. You told me so but I didn't listen. Pauline, he was so perfect. I thought he loved me," Lisa sobbed.

     Pauline comforted her and patted her back.

"It's all right. It's gonna be fine. You were blinded, Lisa. It's not your fault. He's such an idiot for dumping you. He doesn't know what he's losing."

"Apparently, he doesn't care as well. *sniff* *sob*" Lisa continued whining and crying.

     Pauline stopped herself from telling Lisa she's such a baby. Crying, for her, is a sign of weakness. And for a worthless reason like a boy, it's pathetic.

     Boys, they're no good monsters hiding behind a mask of a valiant knight. Douche bags, Pauline thought.

"Hey, stop that," Pauline said softly. "You'll see, you'll get wrinkles and you'll become ugly if you continue crying."

     Lisa looked at her friend with puppy dog eyes.

"You wouldn't want that, would you?"

     Lisa shook her head.

"Then stop stressing about him. I know it's hard, and you might think of me as a heartless, souless bitch. But honestly, crying and locking yourself won't change anything. He left, and he won't be back. Wake up."

"Sorry. But thank you for being there for me. For being honest and everything. I admire you, you know? For your strength. You've never been broken. You never cry."

     Pauline smiled.

"Honey, I do cry. But never because of a boy. Ever. You know, I'm never the romantic type. Love, for me, is very cliché."

     Lisa twitched her lips.

"How could you be so morbid?"

"I'm real. I'm living in the whole world."

"Whatever."

"Just promise me you'll never cry again because of some guy. Ever."

     Lisa hugged her pillow tighter. Pauline raised her brows and held her right pinkie up.

"Well......?"

      Lisa snorted and threw her pillow at the side.

"Fine, fine." she intertwined her right pinkie with Pauline's. "OK, I promise."

"Now close your eyes and repeat after me. Put your head over your heart."

"But--"

"Just say it."

"Sigh. Put your head over your heart."

"The heart is the most dangerous weapon of all."

"It will cause your downfall."

"Really?"

"Shhhh."

     Lisa shuffled her position and groaned.

"It will cause your downfall."

    The girls opened their eyes. Pauline grinned hugged her friend.

"I'm so proud of you!" she squealed.

     Lisa clutched her friends arms and gave Pauline a sarcastic smile.

"Yeah, right. How did we became bestfriends again?"

"Because I'm awesome and you know it," Pauline said smugly.

     Lisa rolled her eyes.

"Dream on."

A/N

:) Sorry for the grammatical errors, mispelled words and typos. Please Vote! It would really mean a lot. Also, suggest, ask questions and comment. No harsh comments please :) Thank you!